June 2015 Moms

To wax or not to wax...

goldenmama3goldenmama3 member
edited January 2015 in June 2015 Moms
How many of you have been still getting waxed down there (bikini, brazilian, etc) during pregnancy? If u are, has ur waxing style changed? Does it hurt more than before pregnancy?
Before pregnancy, I was getting Brazilians just about every month, but haven't in awhile. Not sure if I can face the increased pain LOL. May just do the Landing Strip.

Re: To wax or not to wax...

• Just go all natural.

baby development
  • Loading the player...
  • I've done it once since pregnancy, hurt a little more, but I can't stand not getting it done, it's too itchy. My doctor said it was perfectly safe
  • I warned DH that we are going retro this pregnancy.  70s all the way!
  • I'm heading to a beachy area in March and will get waxed. Told DH he's gonna enjoy all of me until then ;) I go Brazilian so that should be fun! :/
  • devyns2nddevyns2nd member
    edited January 2015
    I've never tried wax I'm scared it will hurt. I shave the day before appointments. Other than that I haven't cared this time around. I'm not sure I want to shave at all anymore.

Do you bleed when you wax? :-S
  • It's hurts a little more but I got every six weeks religiously.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• I've never waxed that region. Sugaring apparently hurts less and has better results.
  • Only difference I've noticed is the hair grows in faster.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • babybean9 said:

I've never waxed that region. Sugaring apparently hurts less and has better results.

What's sugaring ??
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited January 2015
    Sugaring hurts much less than waxing! And the results are great. The first few times are the worst but after a few treatments it's not a big deal and it's worth it.

The downside is the cost and the time.
  • Never done but will be getting fully waxed before my c-section. Didn't know last time...and the nurse came in and dry razored it!!! Ouch!
  • I will try sugaring once I get back to the states in a few weeks-- my sister is an aesthetician  (I have absolutely no idea how to spell this correctly, after 3 failed attempts, I'm over it!), so family discount FTW... I'm sure it's gonna hurt like hell though, it always does. But it will be a nice surprise for my DH when I come back to Qatar ;) 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • And after I'm finished having babies-- or at least have a long break between, I will go back to lasering. 
    Married: 28 August 2014
    BFP #1: 11 October 2014
    EDD: 22 June 2015 -- updated DD: 20 June 2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • I've done it throught out all three pregnancies. I believe I am a little more sensitive down there during, but I'll never stop. I love them. :smile:
  • It's cleaner looking, it last twice as long as a shave, it's painful, yes, maybe a pit more than before being pregnant, but it last twice as long and no nicks, no ingrown hairs and it looks great for a week or more! Treat for me, the husband & the doctor!
  • Ya, no thanks! I just take clippers to it! I'm blessed to not be very hairy anyway, it the Indian in me! Haha :D
  • I'm on a beauty course and we are just doing waxing now. It's perfectly safe but with pregnancy your a little more sensitive so it can hurt more. I had my legs done and the itching is unbearable for me lol.
  • I haven't noticed a difference in pain level. It's certainly not enjoyable but a quick pain that I feel is worth it.
  • Laser FTW. Never shaving or waxing again (except my eyebrows).
  • tealbee said:

babybean9 said:

I've never waxed that region. Sugaring apparently hurts less and has better results.

What's sugaring ??
    It's literally a ball of sugar, lemon, essential oils (natural and good grade) that they apply to your skin and pull like they do when they wax. It doesn't adhere to live skin cells, thus making it hurt less.
  • babybean9 said:
    What's sugaring ??
    It's literally a ball of sugar, lemon, essential oils (natural and good grade) that they apply to your skin and pull like they do when they wax. It doesn't adhere to live skin cells, thus making it hurt less.
    Is this something you can do yourself? I'm too scared to wax!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • babybean9babybean9 member
    edited January 2015

babybean9 said:

tealbee said:

babybean9 said:

What's sugaring ??

Is this something you can do yourself? I'm too scared to wax!

-----------quote fail------------
    I think sugaring is harder than waxing on yourself. Some people do it, but I feel like you have to really know what you're doing. I'm not that coordinated, lol. Some YouTube tutorials would be good to look at!
  • I go every month...its a bit ,more painful but nothing terrible... If you go make sure to go to a place that uses HARD WAX. This doesnt stick to the skin and only to the hair.. Anything is going to hurt, just take a bit of Tylenol (which is 100% safe) about 45 minutes before your appointment and you are good to go. 

Married 11/12/2011
    EDD 06/07/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nope. I barely made it through my brazilians pre pregnancy...no way in hell I'm torturing myself further. I'll make my husband fix me up when I go into labor. Or if I forget I really don't care..I see pubic hair of laboring women daily and I can assure you, I do not give a second thought to any of it.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I went 6 months of growth and finally waxed it alllllll off! Love it! Pain was the same as usual. Already have my next appointment scheduled.
  • Ya know, I'm contemplating going for my first wax. Now that I can no longer see "down yonder" I want to. I like to keep a clean shop.
  • It's at time like these that I'm grateful for a DH who appreciates a well-groomed, but very present bush :) I'll say that just waxing or shaving the bikini line and keeping the length trim would probably do the trick! Although, that growing-out stage itchiness can make the transition hard to bear, but I'm sure you can do it!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• I've only got my Brazilian done once since becoming pregnant since I was feeling so nauseous and had to take progesterone suppositories but feel so much better that I'm back on it now! :)
  • @laurendutch‌ omg, that's insane! A dry razor?! I had to have an unplanned c-section, and I was trimmed up, but definitely not waxed, and they did nothing of the sort! They actually advise against shaving pre-c/s here as they want to know where the hair follicles are so they can attempt to minimize incorporating the hairs into the scar.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I waxed in December after 6 months of no waxing and it hurt like I thought it would. Went back last week and it didn't hurt at all. Like no pain which never happened pre-pregnancy. My waxer said she was like that during pregnancy too. And yes, find a hard wax place.
  • I had my 2nd since being pregnant yesterday. The 1st hurt like hell, yesterday wasn't bad at all. I had drank a ton of water yesterday and I think being well hydrated helped. I thought about keeping a little landing strip, but I can't stand the itchiness. My doc said it was fine so I'm going to try and keep up with them. I also figure it might help me become used to pain in that area in preparation for child birth :)
  • I have been getting waxed every 4 to 6 weeks for the last year. The first time was awful. I don't do well with pain. But as long as I kept doing it every 4-6 weeks, there was minimal pain. During my pregnancy I've been waxed 3 times. It is a little more sensitive down there, thus causing a little extra pain, but it's really not bad. And I feel like it is totally worth it.
  • 8411mommy said:

Just go all natural.

Rocking it with you
  • I shave when I HAVE to :)
  • hotsun said:

70,s Bush all the way.

Exactly, this!
  • Glad there are some moms still rocking the 70,s bush
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.