January 2015 Moms

Bladder infection?

i am concerned I possibly have a bladder infection, but am unsure what pains may be normal pains for healing from a c section. I have a visit set up tomorrow afternoon from the home health nurse and plan to ask then.

I am still peeing very frequently, as in every hour even. I have sharp and shooting pains inside my lower belly area, some around my incision. I also have a VERY tender belly in the center of my belly above my incision. The last one I think may be more related to my uterus shrinking, but it's pretty painful so I'm not sure.

Just curious if anyone else has ever experienced a bladder infection pretty soon after delivery, and especially if that was combined with having a recovery from c section. Does this sound like a possible bladder infection, without being a doctor or diagnosing me?

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

Re: Bladder infection?

• @littlefoote‌ thanks! I will definitely ask the in home nurse today when she comes!

"As long as I live you will live. As long as I live you will be loved."

BFP#1 3/31/12 EDD 12/1/12,No HB 6/6/12 (14 weeks 4 days), D&C 6/11/12 (15 weeks 2 days)*Arabella Ann*

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 5/21/14 EDD 1/27/15 *GROW BABY GROW*

• I was actually at the doctor yesterday and mentioned to the doc that I was feeling a lot of pressure while peeing, especially at the end.  It hurts.  I assumed it was normal after c-section but I could tell by the puzzled look on her face it was not.

She took a urnine sample and tested it right away.  She said it was not screaming infection but would send it away for more testing.  She also said it might just be my body getting settled back in place.

Yesterday was 9 days post c-section.
    After 8 yrs of ttc little one is due Jan. 28

Big brother is excited to meet this little one!

• Loading the player...
  • That sounds like what happened to me last week. I went to the doctor and they tested my urine for bladder infection and it wasn't one. My doctor said it could just be from the c-section. I would definitely see your doctor to be sure, but for me I started to feel better a few days later.
  • I had a lot of that pain and some other weirdness going on with my bladder (couldn't feel when I had to go or how much was in there). The dr said that was probably from the trauma of the c section and pregnancy too. She recommended drinking a ton of water and that actually helped. But It continued and my discharge had a funny smell (couldn't decide if that was normal). Finally the pain progressed until I felt like I was peeing razor blades and I would dread going to the bathroom. Called back and left a urine sample. Bladder infection! Think I've had it a while. It's a simple test... If you suspect it's an infection id call and ask.
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 8 days post section and Pressure and pain when urinating, diagnosed today with UTI.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"