TTC after 35
Options

New here - obsessing

Hi! I'm almost 37 and TTC for the first time this month. I just got married in April. I'm reaching the end of my first TWW. I've been driving myself crazy with all my symptoms and what if's.
How do you all stay sane?

Re: New here - obsessing

• Options
    Welcome! Try to keep busy in non ttc related activities.
  • Options
    That stops after months or years with no success.
    Welcome to the group.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kindershlitzkindershlitz member
    edited January 2015
    Welcome and good luck! No advice on the TWW. They suck.

There's a TWW check in so you can post in there if you like too.
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    We don't!  I google every symptom and check the website that reminds you not to test so many days prior, etc.  TWW is unbearable! 
    GOOD LUCK!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Options
    Welcome ! Am about to be 37 and ttc my first as well. I too have weak moments of googling random symptoms ! It never helps but I keep doing it anyway. I guess it's natural that we want to learn as much as we can about a potentially pretty big thing in our lives. The best strategy I ve found is to not put your life on hold- plan vacays, change houses, do whatever you would otherwise do -that way you are not focused on one thing. I still plug along with temping, charting and dr appts but I'm not putting my life on hold. I like a line I found in the impatient womens guide to ttc- ' I'm doing everything I can to get pregnant' hope that helps some !
  • Options
    welcome!!! 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    Welcome! Like others said just try and stay super busy. The time goes by faster when your day is filled up with tasks. If you work and it's boring then that might not be possible but if you don't work I'd start making lots of plans. If your like me and have a crazy job that drives you nuts then you should be just fine keeping occupied during the TWW ha ha.
  • Options
    Welcome! I would also say keep busy because you can't help but not obsess about it. When I'm not busy is when I'm ready to rip my hair out. I have forbid myself from googling my symptoms any more, it just makes me worse. 
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Welcome!  I have an obsessive personality so I totally understand.  I google everything and test way to often and early.  I've realized this about myself and embrace it.  :)

Good luck in your ttc journey!
    <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5677e2">My Ovulation Chart</a>
  • Options
    Welcome!!  Obsessing is normal.  It could diminish after time.  I am moving into my 6th month and each month I am getting less and less obsessed.  Did pretty well with stick addicition this past cycle.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    Welcome! I think the first few months (if it takes you that long like it does so very often) the TWW is hard. For me I know its like what @Hooligans4  said after a long time it you just stop feeling the anxiety and the craziness. For me it was replace by obliviousness and the fact that i knew it was unlikely. I do however hope that is NOT the case for you. 

Some of us are just jaded about the whole process I think......i do try and maintain some hope/excitement for my fellow ladies here though.
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I just got AF and am pretty upset. I feel foolish for thinking I could get pregnant on the first try. I really thought I had implantation bleeding. Now I know what to expect emotionally!
  • Options
    @littletrain14, no reason to feel foolish! You hear those stories of people that got pregnant on the first try... the first month after stopping BCP... it's only natural to get your hopes up. I did the same thing. Hoping your stay here is a short one!
    Me: 37  DH:39
    TTC #1 Since May 2014
  • Options
    @littletrain14‌ don't feel foolish. If you weren't excited and hopeful, that would be worrisome. I think we all know people who get pregnant easily, so why not you. I hope you get your BFP very soon! :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    We've all been there. I was totally convinced I was pregnant on our first try. Like completely. I think the symptoms of coming off the pill are very similar to pregnancy, bc everything I googled seemed like it was a symptom. Coming off the pill you also realize that there are all these things your body goest through each month that you never felt bc the pill kind of suppressed them. I never got this bloated. I never had cramps like this.  I'm probably also noticing it all more now, but it feels really different. 
    Anyway, just try to keep your head up and focus on the next month.  
    TTC #1
    me- 37, DH- 38
    Married 6.28.14, started TTC right away
    BFP Nov 2015, PPROM Feb 2016
    ER #1 May 2017, 15 retrieved, 10 fertilized, 3 day 5.
    ER#2 July 2017, 22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, 6 day 5/6
    9 embryos tested for pgs and pgd.  
    FET #1 9.29.17- 1 embryo-BFN
    FET#2 12.19.17- I embryo-BFP 1/1/18! Happy New Year to me! EDD 9/6/18
    Baby boy born 9.11.18- the love of my life!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"