April 2015 Moms

Weekly IVF/TTTC/2IF/Infertility grads check-in 1/27

This check-in is meant for women who had a lot more trouble than most getting pregnant. You don't have to have done IVF to be part of the group, but we do want this limited to those who were diagnosed as infertile by an RE and were using some kind of medical assistance to get pregnant.

What's new with everyone this week? Symptoms to report? Scans? Appointments? Any cute, heart melting moments? Anyone needing extra thoughts/prayers Tell us everything!

QWTO: Lets hear about your nurseries, Have you started? Are they finished? Share pictures here.

With our little group separated on two boards, I've posting in both sites, so we can continue to check in with each other.

Re: Weekly IVF/TTTC/2IF/Infertility grads check-in 1/27

• Symptoms to report? Nausea, why and where did this come from, its not as bad as the first trimester, but has come back and happens throughout the day. Scans? I have another growth scan next week, this little boy is big, so they want to keep an eye on him. Appointments? at the same time as my scan, ill see my OB to look over my scan. Cute/sweet moment of the week? My family in the UK, so this last week, we have been booking tickets and talking about them flying over for the birth. Its exciting, i havn't seen them in over a year, so I'm excited to see them, and share this moment with them. 

Our nursery is almost finished, a few finishing touches, my DH is now traveling till the end of February so it will wait now till he returns. 

I hope everyone is having a great week!
  • I missed last week bc I've been in Central America for the past 10 days. The warm weather was amazing! But unfortunately I caught a virus while I was there and am now immobilized and in bed for the last few days feeling super crappy.

I'm due April 10th with a girl. I passed my GTT at 24 weeks, but my iron levels were extremely low so I've been on prescription iron ever since. It's horrible. The constipation it causes is out of control. I'm taking mass quantities of Colace every day and it's still not helping very much.

QOTW:

We don't have a full nursery - it's more of a nursery "nook" in the corner of our room since we live in a one bedroom apartment. So far we have the wall painted, a crib assembled and a dresser mostly painted, but that's it. Still need to organize storage and put things on the walls. Plus I ordered some fabric I want to use to make a crib skirt.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my appointment at Maternal Fetal today, and my diet/meal plan is effective for controlling the blood sugars.  I had the long ultrasounds where baby girl was determined to be stubborn.  She refused to move her hands or feet from in front of her face, not matter how much poking and prodding!  Yikes, we'll see how this trait continues in her life :)  Apparently, she is very comfortable being rolled up in a ball.

QOTW:  Nursery is half done.  The walls are painted and furniture is there except the crib.  However, the rest of the stuff is on our registry and I have several showers upcoming in the next month.  I can post a picture that would be meaningful in late April.
  • I just had my sugar drink at my 3 hour GD test. I sure hope I pass this one. Things seem to be going well other than not passing my initial GD test. Baby boy is still moving around a lot and I feel pretty darn good for being in the 3rd trimester.

QOTW: we were team green with DD who is now 4 (today is her birthday actually!) We are reusing all of her nursery stuff for baby boy so we have been done for awhile. I always envy the dedication people have for decorating Pinterest nurseries but I don't have a need to do this myself. I am not that talented! Luckily I am very happy with simple things and it makes me feel good that we will get 2 uses out of everything.
  • @stranzm‌ Our little guy is the same, every ultrasound, he is so comfortable hands up in front of his face. It feels like a mini workout, just trying to get him to move for the techs. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your nursery.
  • @Haley612‌ oh that sucks getting sick on vacation! I hope your feeling better. Well done on passing your test. I'm also on iron, mine was pretty low.
  • Hi ladies! sorry I haven't posted much lately, after all the craziness I wasn't sure if I want to stay here or go to the other place. I'm also not sure how much time I'll even have to post once little one is here, so I just am feeling lost of where to go! I do like checking in with everyone though so idk!

Anyway, I'm doing pretty well. I just came from my 1 hour test and I really hope I pass! I'm nervous since I've heard PCOS can influence it. Everything else looked good though. Baby is always moving around which I love!

QOTW: We haven't started on the nursery yet :-S We do plan to make some progress this weekend! also, in my defense the room is pretty empty anyway. When we bought the house we anticipated it would be a nursery and just kind of left it alone. All the clothes I've bought for him are sorted by size and nicely put in the closet organizers I got though!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi ladies!

Good to hear you are all doing well!   I am really curious what the "other place" is?   Behind the times I know! 

At any rate,  this week has brought us better health,  so no complaints here.  I think I already posted that I was in hospital two Fridays in a row, once with preterm labor, and last week,  with Norovirus and bronchitis.  Turns out now that I can breathe, and the belly is calmer with the upper respiratory issues at bay,  pregnancy isn't so miserable after all :) 

We are still waiting on our nursery furniture,  here's hoping it will finally be here some time next week (we ordered the day after Thanksgiving,  I think I've forgotten what it even looks like now).   Our shower was rescheduled from last weekend due to me being hospitalized,  so I am hoping everything comes together next weekend finally!  

My husband has been amazing,  he has painted the room,  assembled and installed a closet organizer, and kept me sane through the pregnancy so far!  Here at least you can see the color of her room,and the window treatments he drove three hours to pick up for me when babies r us discontinued our nursery bedding.    Looking forward to our shower and furniture delivery *hopefully*  next weekend!
    image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"