Boston Babies

Where does your newborn sleep?

FTM due in mid-February and trying to determine where our newborn will sleep starting out. We want him in the room with us at first, but unsure whether he should be in his crib, rock n play, bassinet, etc.

Where have you had the most success with this? What is the safest option?

Re: Where does your newborn sleep?

• camillia1214camillia1214 member
    edited January 2015
    Our daughter slept in our room in the rock n play until almost 6 months which was very convenient for nursing, however I felt like it was hard to transition her to the crib because she was used to being more confined in the rnp. I'm due with my second in April, trying to decide if I'll use the rnp again or set up his crib in our room this time. She ended up loving her crib but we tried everything and ended up doing cry it out to get her out of the rnp. Sorry for the long reply but I've been thinking a lot about this issue since I'll be dealing with it again soon! I won't hesitate to put him in the rnp if he doesn't take to the crib right away, hope that helps : )
    Anniversary
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks! We are also thinking of keeping the pack n play in our room and having him sleep in the bassinet portion until he is big enough for the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter slept in the bassinet part of the pack and play for the first two months in our room. Much easier for feeding and getting up to care for her while healing. After two months we realized we weren't sleeping well due to waking up every time she moved. We transitioned her into her crib then before she got too comfortable in the pack and play. I will do the same with our son.
  • We attempted the pack n play and my daughter hated it. So we used the rock n play in our room for 3 months and moved it to her room at 4 months. We used a wedge and she transitioned well to the crib.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"