Health & Exercise

Carpal Tunnel

I got carpal tunnel syndrome about midway through my pregnancy and was able to treat at the time with different wraps.  My LO is now a year and I still get flare ups.  Just wondering if anyone else got this while pregnant and if it ever went away.

Re: Carpal Tunnel

• Mine completely went away after giving birth. I think I'd check with your doctor if it's still bothering you. 
  • Mine went away after both pregnancies, but eventually came back. It's something I struggle with a lot in my right wrist. I think I aggravated it by working out and doing a lot of push ups and plank poses (P90x) and since then it's been downhill to the point where I get pain all the way up in my shoulder if I workout wrong. I am a writer and graphic designer so it does interfere with work. I think probably if I hadn't overdone it, maybe I wouldn't be dealing with as many flare ups. I've tried a lot of things and it just seems like rest and taking breaks is the best. The brace at night helps, but during the day I think it makes it worse because I'm constantly fighting with it to move my wrist, and I have to take it off all the time to do dishes, prepare food etc.  I've hear horrible things about the surgery so I'm not considering it at this point. Good luck! I hope it does get better for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine started during pregnancy, and I still have flare ups. After wearing my wraps for a day or so it usually goes away. I work in an office environment though, so I knew I would get carpal tunnel eventually.
  • I do treat with wraps that work.  I guess I was just hoping it would go away completely.  The flare ups are happening less and less.  Link to the wraps I use.  They really did work.  I didnt use the cold for long, but the blood flow stimulator did the trick everytime. Worth a look for anyone interested.
    https://www.kingbrand.com/Carpal_Tunnel_Syndrome_Treatment.php?REF=34PV90
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"