1st Trimester
Options

When did you start to show?

I am currently 10 weeks and 2 days pregnant and I feel super wide. I dont feel like I'm showing just yet but I do feel like I am just getting wider and wider by the day. I havent worked out since early December (I found out I was pregnant Dec 18) due to my lack of energy. I have been TRYING to eat healthy but its not always possible. I keep saying I will go back to working out in February but we'll see how that goes. Some of my pants no longer fit. I can get them buttoned but it looks like I have a really round muffin top, which is not cute! lol I am trying to avoid telling my family until Valentines day but am seeing them all this weekend. I really dont know what to wear to disguise my roundness. haha

I am pretty short (5'2"), wear a DD bra size (which are even fuller now) and a size 31 in pants. So yeah...I need help on covering up my belly/ weight gain for the next two weeks!!!! 

When did you ladies start to show? When did you start to wear maternity clothes? How did you cover up your belly w/o maternity clothes.

Re: When did you start to show?

• Options
    I am in the same boat, I was working out until I conceived and then I just got scared I would hurt myself and I stopped. I then became too tired and could not find the time. I have been trying to track my food to keep myself accountable for what I eat. But there is a storm coming and when I go to the store something happens, my inner child screams. I WANT NUTTERBUTTERS! So I caved and purchased.
    I am currently wearing a pair of maternity pants because if anything cuts across my waist I get horrible cramps, that's not a pregnancy thing for me--just the way things always have been. I only have one pair of  regular "fat pants" that still fit.
    Technically i'm not showing I just look tubby in the middle. I don't seem to be putting on weight in arms, face, or thighs so far, so I am grateful for that.
    I am also 10w4d and I have gained just under 10lbs so far(by my account). I was told to only gain 15.
    I have gained probably half of those # since my 1st appt at 8w3d. The rest was just the holiday 5# BS.
    sorry for rambling.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

• Options
    LOL Totally not rambling. It actually made me laugh because although there is no storm here in California, I go to the store and scream (to myself of course) "Oh Cheese its!" So I can completely relate. Unfortunately I do feel like I am one of the "unlucky" ones because I know I have gained weight in my arms and face. I too have gained close to 15 lbs since early December and blame the holidays ;-) I have luckily been the same weight for the last 2 weeks though BUT I still feel like I am getting wider w/o putting on the actual weight. 

I just need to find shirts that will over all of me for another two weeks though. haha  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want Nutter butters too! Lol.... I'm expecting #4...10 weeks along.. can't zip any of my jeans so i just switched to maternity pants . Anything tight around my midsection or stomach makes my nausea worse. I'm normally a size 18... and my belly is showing already. :)
  • Options
    I started showing, or at least where others could tell, at around 16/17 weeks. 
  • Options
    I could tell I was showing before anyone else of course. I was showing enough for people to notice in my 3rd trimester with my sons and probably a bit before with my daughter. I think it is common to show later in the second trimester or even after. Some people have terrible bloat in the first trimester. While it is not really showing you might still want to wear maternity pants to feel more comfortable. 

With my last pregnancy I would sometimes wear maternity pants when I was only 12-13 weeks. It was for comfort because I was really bloated, not showing.
  • Options
    I get bloated pretty quickly. However, actually showing a bump didn't happen until I was about 16-17 weeks with my first.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I thought I was showing early on (like 12 weeks) but I realize now that I was being ridiculous and it was all bloat. I actually started showing to the world at around 18 weeks. Now I'm 22 weeks and I feel like every day I wake up and my belly has grown over night. 

I would suggest getting some comfy stretchy yoga pants and loose tops if you want to hide your pregnancy for a little bit longer. I find that when I wear anything tight and black, it makes my belly POP. So just stay away from anything tight and you should be fine!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would try a flowy maxi dress with a jacket or cardigan over it
  • Options
    Almost 13 weeks here... just starting to show. Mainly only I can see it, and immediate family. Baby stays behind your pelvis until 12 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"