1st Trimester
Options

2 questions

bamagirl411bamagirl411 member
edited January 2015 in 1st Trimester
I work for a small location of a larger company, my boss is in Florida and I'm in Ohio, we don't even have an HR department. There is one worker who turns in our time sheets to a payroll company and that's it. Should i just call my boss and tell him only, or send an email to both the boss and "HR" person? 

Also, I need nausea tips... anything at all. I've tried eating smaller frequent meals vs 3 larger ones, drinking ginger ale and sprite. Nothing seems to help for longer than 30 min. 
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 questions

• Options

Is there a handbook or something that tells you what the protocol is for something like this? I think you should tell whomever you want, whenever you want...

Nausea......I'd get some Zofran. Zofran is good.

If you don't wanna do that, try crackers...or lemon water/peppermint water.  Peppermints.

• Options
    Our handbook only gave the FMLA information for maternity leave.. its so vague and generic. I'd rather email honestly because my boss is so hard to get a hold of but I dont want to be unprofessional. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ehh.  I know how that goes. our handbook is very vague too....so they can bend the rules as they see fit!
  • Options
    I would just call your boss. If the other person is just someone who handles the time sheets and deals with payroll I doubt they could do much for you.

As far as the nausea, sucking on hard candies helped me. I like LifeSavers, you can also try Jolly Ranchers.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A call does seem more professional.
    Be the Change.
    Make no assumptions
    Take nothing personally
    Be impeccable with your word
    Do your best

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board