September 2012 Moms

Where do we go?

willy_gertwilly_gert member
edited January 2015 in September 2012 Moms
Okay, so obviously this TB/GBCB mess has taken a toll on the board. Let's figure out where the majority want to go and see if we can go from there as a group! I think most of us are concerned about losing people and the friendships we have built over the last 3+ years together!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

Where do we go? 44 votes

Facebook - NEW
22% 10 votes
GBCB
11% 5 votes
Stay Here
36% 16 votes
SS i.e. Combo of places....
29% 13 votes

Re: Where do we go?

• I don't mind being on FB and another place, but honestly, I can't do all three.

• Loading the player...
  • check hmp1s PB thread.  It's not about pottery barn. :-)  tyrannasaurusjess posted a cliffsnotes version on the last page.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I don't mind being on FB and another place, but honestly, I can't do all three.
    This is where I am.  I will stay here and FB.  I created an account on PB but I can't maintain good activity on all three.
  • @jenndub, just promise you won't stop IGing...my feed would be so boring without you!

• I'm here. I'm just busy working today! I'll join the FB group but I do not want that to take over for a forum. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @hmp1, seriously with those little boys.  The picture turned out just perfect!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @hmp1, seriously with those little boys.  The picture turned out just perfect!!
    Thanks! They were good sports, of course because candy was involved.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Well, I have zero interest in doing FB and zero interest in checking two boards.

So if it seems like everyone is staying here, I will stay here and that will be it for me (plus IG). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I really wish I didn't have such hate for FB.  It was such a dark hole in my life and it still annoys me, so I don't really want to get back into it.  

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Every time I read the title of this thread I think of the song by No Mercy Where Do You Go?  I had to look the band name up.  Here's a link to the song if you're not sure what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71zlOWbEoe8
  • MRoxy0628 said:
    Every time I read the title of this thread I think of the song by No Mercy Where Do You Go?  I had to look the band name up.  Here's a link to the song if you're not sure what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71zlOWbEoe8
    ha! I have this song on cd, except it's by La Bouche. Same  90's timeframe.

• I like TB's format the best and really hope we don't totally leave it.  I am enjoying the new FB group as well, but seem to be less active there than I would have been if we were still on here.  I'm not going to PB. 
  • FB...I'd like the bump to die a slow death. 
  • I'm pissed you aholes are on FB at night and on the weekends, and I'm here checking TB wishing someone would post!  :p

• I'm pissed you aholes are on FB at night and on the weekends, and I'm here checking TB wishing someone would post!  :p
    We love you too ahole!

• Every time I read the title of this thread I think of the song by No Mercy Where Do You Go?  I had to look the band name up.  Here's a link to the song if you're not sure what I'm talking about:
    ME TOO!! haha.

• FB is the easiest for me. I'm involved in all 3 but, like others, I can't keep up with all 3. It doesn't help much, but I'm indifferent on staying here or moving to PB. I voted SS.

Anniversary

• I know you're anti-facebook @tinyhumantoe, but it sure is fun over there!!!  :-*  ;;)  :-bd

• pharmer78 said:
    I know you're anti-facebook @tinyhumantoe, but it sure is fun over there!!!  :-*  ;;)  :-bd
    I just tried to join you but I can't remember my password! I hate that the link didn't go in through my app. Will figure it out soon.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Yay @hmp1 !!!  See you soon!

• @tinyhumantoe what about creating a new FB act instead of re activating your old one?

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I read here in the evenings, but between teaching and being on the west coast, it usually feels weird to jump in at the very end. I still do sometimes though. FB is easier for me.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Who is on the new FB page?  Just people who have been active recently on here?

• I'll check in here, but FB is way easier, and I like our new group, so that's where I'm spending more time. I can't be bothered with PB.

• Who is on the new FB page?  Just people who have been active recently on here?
    @tinyhumantoe there are a few that haven't been here in a while, but they would probably still be considered regs of the board.

• Honestly, the ZOMG BUMP stuff hasn't affected me and while I'm pissed about the banned people, they don't seem to be meddling with this board beyond that.  For now, I have no interest in moving, and in the long-term if something happened to force a move...I think I'd probably just bow out.  I'm a jackass, I know.
  • @RivaJam, no, that's the old one.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• yes--PM tyrannasaurusjess with your email address and she'll get you added.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Facebook group is so much more easily accessible to me. I'm really sad about leaving TB (hence why I keep jumping on here) but it's just tough during the week for me. THT I would be more than happy to poll the new FB group to see if that would be an issue if you would like

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • RivaJam said:
    @tyrannasaurusjess - YGPM from me too!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage

• harti09 said:

@tinyhumantoe what about creating a new FB act instead of re activating your old one?

This is what I coming to ask. Would you be willing to create a new one and only use it to talk with us?

I would be open to trying that, but I wonder if everyone else would be okay with it? 

In the interest of full disclosure, my old FB page is not closed.  I have posted *maybe* 4 times since before W was born (pics of W), and every time I vow never to do it again.  I'm 'friends' on there with some people I do not want to be involved with (work acquaintances, former friends, and wacko relatives).  Somehow when I do anything it shows up in someone's newsfeed despite me regularly checking privacy settings.  It took me 3 years to establish that I do not get on there, and I'm not willing to use that page because I have no interest in having any activity showing up on it.  I hate facebook. 

So, if everyone is okay with a new page, then I'll try the FB group out.  Y'all just let me know. 
    https://www.catfishholewv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/catfish.jpg

You can totally be our little Catfish in there!

Anniversary

• I'm staying here but I will hopefully be joining the new FB group, I will probably stay in the old one too. I can't do proboards though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"