March 2015 Moms
Options

Swelling and work shoes

My feet are so swollen. Normal, I know. The problem is is that I have to dress up for work and none of my shoes fit and if I can stuff my feet into them they're insanely uncomfortable.

For those of you dealing with swelling what shoes are you wearing to work to go with your dress clothes? Did you just size up? Or are you wearing tennis shoes/sandals and telling everyone to STFU?

Typically the swelling only hits at night so shoes haven't been an issue but today it was bad first thing in the morning so I've got to figure something out quick.

Re: Swelling and work shoes

• Options
    I bought some black moccasin slipper/shoes from Payless (Airwalk) and they work great.  They look nicer than they are and are comfortable and have a little more flexibility to them than my regular shoes.  My biggest issue was that I can't breath when tying my shoes now so I wanted something I could slip on.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I hear you!  I ran into the same problem and was too cheap to buy more shoes, lol!  I just tried resting more when I wasn't working, drinking more water and taking epson salt baths.  That kept the swelling more manageable for me.  Sorry, no advise on shoes though.  Good luck ; )
    My Ovulation Chart

March 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#1=BFN

April 2011 100mg Clomid+Estradoil+HCG Trigger+IUI#2 on 4/14/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't had any swelling in this pregnancy (knock on wood), but I was super swollen with DD.  Luckily I don't have to wear nice shows to work, but I would just tell them STFU.  Probably easier said than done, but I wore FLIP FLOPS during the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy because I couldn't fit into anything else.  No amount of water, extra protein helped.  Good luck!  Dr. note?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Fit flops. They are on the pricier side, but so very comfortable! They are also pretty ugly, but if you opt for the cuter styles, they cost more - $100+
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'm going to make a trip to the store tomorrow with your info in hand.
  • Options
    And the app cut off half my reply! Wtf!! Too lazy to retype it... Grr!
  • Options
    I saw someone posted this already but I also got the moccasins from Payless!!! They stretch when I start to swell and I got brown to wear with khakis and grey to wear with black pants. They are also great to wear with leggings and a dress. After cutting a shoe off of my foot at 27 weeks I threw out the dress shoe option :smile:
  • Options
    I wear "dressy" merrell's. They are ugly as sin and a bit pricy but they at least look professional and are incredibly comfy, with or without swelling.
  • Options
    JCWhitey said:
    I bought some black moccasin slipper/shoes from Payless (Airwalk) and they work great.  They look nicer than they are and are comfortable and have a little more flexibility to them than my regular shoes.  My biggest issue was that I can't breath when tying my shoes now so I wanted something I could slip on.

I have these and they are super-comfy. Well, actually I wore THAT particular pair out and bought some at Target I think, but they're the exact same thing.

I wouldn't wear them to work, but I wear them basically everywhere else. 

Unless it's raining. Then they're fucking useless because the water soaks right through and freezes muh tootsies.
    Totally bought a Target pair, too!  My Payless was sold out of black so I bought Brown there and Black from Target.  Both were on clearance for $9.  I tried looking for the ones I bought at Target and they aren't on clearance online.  :(

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    I bought 3 pairs of flat shoes from Payless a size bigger. I cant get away with moccasins at work I wish I can. And all I wear is black and grey.
  • Options
    I bought a half size up in a pair of all black Toms. Yes, they are $54, but I figured that it would be worth it for the comfort/still looking decent for the rest of the pregnancy...and if I am one of the unlucky ones whose feet don't go back down, I will have them. If not, since they stretch and will be way too big, it will have been worth it to basically pay $5 a week for 10 weeks to have good shoes. I have the Airwalk moccasins as well, but I feel like I slip in them more often since there isn't much support. The moccasins are SUPER comfy, though!
  • Options
    Make sure that you still have really good cushion and arch support. Don't wear flip flops. Plantar fasciitis and tendinitis suck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"