November 2014 Moms
Options

Low Libido

This may be TMI, but I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with this. My baby is 10 weeks old now and my husband and I still haven't been intimate, mainly because I'm just not in the mood. Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm exclusively breastfeeding so I don't want to mess with my hormones too much but I was just curious if anybody experienced this too and if so, what did you do? I feel so bad for my husband, but he has been very understanding.

Re: Low Libido

• Options
    I just chalk it up to the fact that I'm evolutionarily programmed to not want sex right now because biologically (as in, the thousands of years before birth control), sex leads to babies and getting pregnant right now would be detrimental to my current offspring.
    I'm 12 weeks PP; DH wanted it, I didn't, we tried anyway, it hurt like a mofo (I tore a LOT during delivery), so I've put it on the back burner for a while. Everyone tells me it gets better but I'm not inclined to believe them right now.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Options

We are in the same boat. Im very aware of what my body looks like PP and not wanting anyone else to see that especially husband. So i avoid that situation at bed time i make sure im asleep by the time he would come upstairs and pretend i dont hear him. I know he is being patient but i dont see an end to this. I will say that after our first LO once i started working out a bit it got me interested again. This time im EBF so i dont want to work out and have that effect my supply so he will just have to continue to be patient.

You can always ask your OB. Typically they talk to you about birth control options after baby so you can casually joke/bring up...is anyone ever really interested after baby enough to NEED BC?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am 7 week PP, and still very sensitive down there. Not to mention the fact that I am so tired from my lack of sleep! Needless to say, no sexy time here yet, and prob not for a while!
  • Options
    Sorry I have no advice because I'm in the same boat as you. In my case, it's carried over from pregnancy. I was not one of the "give me all the sex" pregnant ladies I always heard about pre-pregnancy. I'm hoping my sex drive comes back soon!
  • Options
    Pips is 11 weeks, and DH and I have DTD a few times. But that's not to say I was in the mood when we started off. My lady bits were still pretty sore the first couple times so that didn't help matters. Now that I'm fully healed, though, I'm still not feeling frisky. In the past, I've had times where I wasn't feeling it either and DH gets very hurt by this, so when I started feeling this way again, I made my mind up to make an effort anyway.

The thing is, even if I don't feel like pinning him down and having my way with him, I'm not repulsed by the idea . So I tell myself to give DH a fair shot. I wait for him to initiate and then just try to relax. At that point, he's just so happy that I'm not shooting him down outright, and pretty soon I'm actually game for a little fooling around.

I guess my advise is to just relax and give things a fair shot. Just because you're not in the mood in the beginning, doesn't mean that you won't change your mind given the right incentive.

Also, if you ladies are worried about being sore, try this:
    https://www.lovehoney.com/product.cfm?p=15225
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You mean No libedo? Lol at 12 weeks I still have zero interest in sex. We have done it once but it hurt so it's been a few weeks. Thinking of trying it again this weekend. Even though I don't have the urge I really miss not having it lol

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• Options
    I have 0 interest. Breastfeeding makes you produce prolactin which is an estrogen suppressant. Estrogen plays a huge role in sexuality.
  • Options
    Mine is low too.

N14 mommy to be :)

My favorites: husband, chocolate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"