High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

How far would you drive to your OB?

Just curious what you ladies think. I work for a hospital and am moving an hour away so my commute will be an hour but I was planning on using my OB at hospital since I'm in the area all the time for work plus will have no out of pocket expenses with insurance. Should I be finding one near home 'just in case' or is it ok to have one that far away from home but near where I work?

Re: How far would you drive to your OB?

• Options
    Btw I'm 7w2d expecting twins...
  • Options
    my doctor is 45 min away when there's no traffic. I think you'll be okay :) just don't hesitate with anything! Congrats and best of luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ob and my mfm are both 45 mins away. It's the best hospital in my area I wouldn't go anywhere else unless it's a dire emergency. However, I do have an emergency hospital chosen just in case. I also plan to carry information about my history in the event I cannot speak for myself.

3rd pregnancy -- 1st baby -- praying for a rainbow

#1 EDD 5/2014 -- MMC 10weeks ~~ #2 EDD 10/2014 -- Our baby girl, born sleeping 17weeks ~~ #3 EDD 8/2015

• Options
    I drive almost an hour to mine
  • Options
    I drive an hour... I really like this dr so I'm willing to do so!
  • Options
    I drive almost an hour
  • Options
    I'm a hour away and when it gets closer to my due date at actually 32 weeks I will be staying in a Ronald McDonald house just in case my high risk pregnancy has complications
  • Options
    I will be driving 2.5 hours
  • Options
    kedbachkedbach member
    I'm about an hour, and there's always horrible traffic! Luckily there are about 3 hospitals (under the same umbrella) that are closer- just in the event of an emergency!
  • Options
    45 min. My OB has been my dr for 12 years. I love him!
  • Options
    nursekatie47nursekatie47 member
    edited May 2015
    My only choice for providers is 45 mins away, so I say your fine.
  • Options
    we are going 2.5 hours.  but I would say it depends on your potential complication
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tpete12tpete12 member
    I am driving 3 hours to my doctor. I am in the high risk category so we figure it is worth the trip every two weeks to have the best doctors!!
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    I was HR with both of my pregnancies and drove an hour to a HR center for both. It wasn't always ideal with work but was worth it for the high level of care and expertise.
  • Options
    I drive anywhere from 1hr to 3hrs, depending on which office I need to be seen at.  The high-risk office is 3hrs away, but luckily it's my same OB, so I get to see him no matter which of the 3 offices I have to visit.  We plan on doing my delivery at the 1hr away one, but if that is not possible, I will gladly drive to the one that is 2hrs away or the one that is 3hrs away, as long as the baby and I are safe.

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I drive an hour, depending on traffic. It's worth it to us.