High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Any moms preg with a CHD baby?

Just curious if any moms here are also pregnant with a baby who's been diagnosed with a congenital heart defect? It's rare to find someone else with a baby who has CHD, let alone still pregnant with one since it's usually not detected in utero.

Re: Any moms preg with a CHD baby?

• Options
    I'm not any more, but my last baby had a CHD (HLHS) and I knew from about 23 weeks. What CHD does your baby have? The heart mamas group on FB would be a good resource for you.
  • Options
    My son that is 5 has CHD but wasn't diagnosed till he was three weeks old.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes our little one was diagnosed at our a/s. We have been to CHOP and met with the pediatric cardiology team and had a fetal echo done and have a follow up echo on 18th and an appt with mfm team next week. It's very stressful to say the least.
  • Options
    @leelee72‌ I go to CHOP as well! In fact, I'll be there the 19th for my next fetal echo and be induced on the 20th! I'm not sure how many times you've been there before with your pregnancy but Im so impressed with them and their expertise. If you need anyone to talk to along this bumpy road, You can message me and/or I'll be at CHOP! :)
  • Options
    @Ladybug7456‌ my son has pulmonary atresia and HRHS and a moderately underdeveloped tricuspid valve with little to no function. I believe I'm already following that group. Thank you :) what CHD does your LO have?
  • Options
    I go on the 18th for my next fetal echo. We've been there 2x so far 1 fetal echo and 1 mfm,gentic mtg. They have been wonderful. I wish you the best
    I am here too if you need anything. We r only 25 weeks so a bit to go. Best of luck on 19th &20th!!
  • Options
    We just recently had a fetal echo with pediatric cardiologist and she believes he has TGA( transposition of great arteries) . We go for a second opinion soon. If he does indeed have this he will have to have surgery after birth to correct. Anyone else have any info or experience with this?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"