September 2014 Moms
Options

Grandma Ugh!!!!!

My son is 4 months and has been teething for a couple weeks now. So his schedule is all over the place. We are usually at my moms a couple days a week in the evening and that's his crankiest time of day. I am breastfeeding. And at least a couple times a week she has to same something like "my friend said that goats milk is the closest to beastmilk." Trying to get me to supplement or switch to formula. I have never ran out of milk. She thinks it's so crazy that I feed on demand. Her comments are really starting to get to me...

Ugh grandmothers.

Re: Grandma Ugh!!!!!

• Options
    Maybe she thinks breastfeeding a cranky teething baby on demand is starting to stress you out. She might think she's trying to be helpful. Maybe talk to her about it?

Goats milk? Really? Never heard that one. How does one even go about getting goats milk if they aren't on a farm or know someone with goats?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lol I have no clue! She has a friend that really does know a lot about a lot.

She knows that I'm set on breastfeeding. So every time she says something I just saw thank you mom but I'm breastfeeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Annoying!!! If your pedi says baby is gaining weight well, then no one should comment!

I'm always so thankful to be breastfeeding because it allows instant calming when baby is fussy or upset. It's often more about comfort than nutritional value and its great to have that option.
  • Options
    Not along the lines of your complaint, just another one. My MIL is daycare during the week, and when we see her on the weekends she tried to tell me what LO needs. I'm like I know. I'm her mom, I know she's hungry or tired, I don't need you to tell me. Grandmas can be annoying but they always mean well.
  • Options

If she was your husband's mom I would tell you to let him deal with it - but she's your mom - tell her to butt out.

I'm sure she's trying to be helpful, but you should be able to tell you mom that this is something you can handle without the comments and advice, She'll still love you, I promise. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"