Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Babies R Us brand travel systems?

Hi all,

I tried searching first about this question but nothing came up so sorry if this is a repeat...

Does anyone have any opinion on the Babies R Us brand Pioneer travel system stroller + car seat?
(https://www.toysrus.com/buy/strollers/baby-trend-pioneer-travel-system-limeade-5f62525-35447196)

It's significantly cheaper than the other travel systems and H and I don't have a lot of money to throw around. They seemed fine in person when we saw them. I'm assuming the car seat has to be pretty safe but the low price makes me a little nervous. There are only 4 reviews between BRU and TRU, mostly positive.

Re: Babies R Us brand travel systems?

• Options
    I don't have any experience with them, but is there any particular reason you want a travel system? They're usually heavy/bulky and a pain to use. I suggest starting with an infant car seat and a snap and go stroller (which you can usually find used for pretty cheap). Once your baby is a little older then you can look into other strollers.
  • Options
    That's not a BRU brand - it's Baby Trend.  Unfortunately, Baby Trend infant seats don't fit most newborns at birth.  The lowest harness position is too high to fall lower than the baby's shoulders where it needs to be.  If you're looking for a budget seat but recommended, check out the Urbini Petal or the Light N Comfy Elite.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The descrip says "Babies R Us travel system" so I just assumed it was their own brand. I'll look more into the Baby Trend company though and the other suggestions mentioned. They look promising!

I'm not really picky with the whole travel system thing although I know some people don't care for them. This particular one didn't seem too bulky. I just wanted to get something affordable that includes an infant stroller, toddler stroller, and infant car seat all in one. Cost is more important to me than convenience at this point because our budget is very small. The cheapest snap and go stroller I could find is almost half the price of this full travel system, although you're right, I could try to find a used one. My main concern is safety of the car seat part.

Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Check your local target for clearance items. Found a safety first travel system for 119, Eddie Bauer 129 & Chico 189. I know in the target registry welcome kit there is also a coupon for 15% off Eddie Bauer products.
  • Options

That's not a BRU brand - it's Baby Trend.  Unfortunately, Baby Trend infant seats don't fit most newborns at birth.  The lowest harness position is too high to fall lower than the baby's shoulders where it needs to be.  If you're looking for a budget seat but recommended, check out the Urbini Petal or the Light N Comfy Elite.

Ditto!

Do not buy a Baby Trend infant seat. The seats PP suggested are very good, low cost seats. Do not think that because you spend less on a seat you are sacrificing safety. That is simply not true. All seats are safe when they are used correctly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
This discussion has been closed.