Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

What schedule is best for 3 yo pre school?

My twins will be 3 in April. They will start pre school this Fall. I work two 10 hour days and we have a part time nanny that watches them the 2 days that I work from 730am-7pm. I am home with them the other 3 days of the week and my husband is home on weekends too (he works 10-11 hour days Mon-Friday). My kids have never been to day care or any other kind of group setting without me. The only other people who have watched them are: grandparents, my husband's cousin and a neighbor.

I am going back and forth between two pre schools. I work Tues/Thurs, so I really want Monday/Wednesday pre school so I can have time to go the gym, grocery store, doctor, etc without having to drag them with me (what is what I do now-I don't go to the gym at all right now b/c the gym doesn't have childcare). Also, I could help volunteer at the school and be the one that drops them off and picks them up.

One school offers 9-1130 am and the other school is 9-1pm. I'm not sure what is best! The 4 hour days sound great for me to have time to get to the doctor if needed and run errands. But, is it too much for kids that haven't been out of the house?

What do you think?
Thanks for your help!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

Re: What schedule is best for 3 yo pre school?

• Options
    I'm in similar shoes in several ways, but ultimately I think it's a personal decision. Your kids would most likely adapt to either schedule, so all other things being equal, I would say you should pick the one that fits your schedule better. Our frontrunner 2 preschools are both 2-1/2 hours/3 days per week. The one I favored slightly runs Tues-Wed-Thurs, while the close second place runs Mon-Wed-Fri, which works way better for my schedule. So I chose the one with the better schedule. Happy mom=happy child, right??
  • Options
    i am sending my son to one that is 9:15-11:30 and feel like it is way too short. really frustrating me, and i'm a little annoyed to be sending my middle kid there next year for such a short day, though i like everything else about it besides the hours.too much to change. 

might sound selfish but i would do what is best for you. your kids will adjust. most schools will let you start shorter in the beginning while they acclimate, and by october you will be so happy you have the extra time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ps find a gym w/ childcare! it is so nice to go on days they don't have school. you get to work out and they will get out of the house and to play in a new environment. it's sooo worth it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"