January 2013 Moms
Options

Roseola

So Taylor has roseola, a crazy virus I never heard of! It's a really high fever for 1-5 days followed by a rash that somewhat looks like heat rash for a few days (but can last weeks). It's not a big deal and there is no treatment - I guess it's good knowing what it was because his fever was SO HIGH! Luckily when the fever breaks and they get the rash, they are no longer contagious so I was able to send him to school today (thank goodness)! Anyway, just a random post in case any of your kiddos get something like this, it may help!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Roseola

• Options
    Hugs! Hope T feels better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    J had this at like 6 or 7 months old, it was scary because he would get up and over 104. He had it for about 5-6 days. Really scary but we were able to control the fever with rotating Motrin and Tylenol every 3 hours and lots of cartoons and snuggle time. I was so blessed my Mom kept him those days so I didn't have to take off too much time from work.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, DD had that last winter.  Freaked me out!  Glad to hear he's feeling better!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @michieU79 I think some kids don't get the rash as bad, but T's is obvious and on his butt, torso, and a bit on his arms/legs. Sometimes it's raised bumps (his are a little) and sometimes not. It doesn't show up until the fever breaks, though, which is so weird. Hope Jack is feeling better!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    DD had this last April!  She looked like a leper, crazy but not terrible once the fever part was over.  The rash looked terrible but wasn't itchy thank God.  Hope she feels better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ella had this when she was around 10 months old. Her high fever caused her to have a seizure, which was one of the scariest moments of my life. I remember her temp getting up to 104 and then the rash. Such a scary virus.
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• Options
    DD had this too. It is super scary, but thankfully the rash does not bother them. Glad to hear he is on the mend and back at school!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"