Babies on the Brain
Options

Breaking Bad

I know, I know, have I been under a rock?  DH watched the whole series and loved it so now we're starting it over together, my first time.  

Here's my question: Is it meant to be darkly funny?  

We're two episodes in and I keep laughing at things, but he doesn't laugh much, but I don't know if that's because he's already seen it, or if I'm a sicko who's laughing inappropriately.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."

Re: Breaking Bad

• Options
    I find parts of it funny, too. We get to it late as well and are finally in the last season with just a few more episodes to go.
  • Options
    It definitely has a dark humor to it... if you're referring to the tub scene.. then yeah.. thats like an omg you've got to be kidding funny

It is truly an amazing show. DH and I love it!

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, tub scene cracked me up.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yup, tub scene cracked me up.

Welcome to the world of Vince Gilligan

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• Options
    It's darlky funny, it's insightful, there's tons of symbolisim, the acting is supreme.  IMO, it't the best show that has ever been on television.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    It's darlky funny, it's insightful, there's tons of symbolisim, the acting is supreme.  IMO, it't the best show that has ever been on television.

Reviews are coming out for Better Call Saul and they're saying it's better than Breaking Bad. Can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"