Nurseries and Baby Gear

Best baby gate for stairs

I think it's time to get a baby gate for our stairs because my daughter keeps going on them to play or to climb them.  We have a banisters on both sides at the bottom and on one side at the top.  What is the best baby gate (and/or compatible banister adapter) with an easy to open door to work with banisters?  Do you have one at the top, the bottom, or both and why did you decide to go that way?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Best baby gate for stairs

• MommyAttyMommyAtty member
    edited January 2015
    I made gates using PVC pipe and upholstery fabric. I am not a crafty Kelly but I had to find a solution because beyond drilling something into our wall, there was no commercial baby gate to use. I found directions online. Hilariously enough, the instructions were for a pet gate. But it works perfectly and my very smart and resourceful 2.5 yo still hasn't figured out how to beat the gate at either the top or bottom of the stairs.
  • On the bottom of our stairs we have wall on one side and a bannister on the other. So on the bannister side MH put a zip tie around the gate spindle and the wooden post to make sure the gate wouldn't pop out if when DD1 was yanking at it. It worked. We used an ordinary white Summer Infant gate system.
  • Loading the player...
  • We use smart retract gates for everything. You have to order from their website.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Dreambaby swing close security gates. You can order them off Amazon. They have banister adapters, easy to open, and have auto close. The standard gate is 32 in wide but you can order extensions to fit any size opening up to 111 in. They can be used at top or bottom of stairs and can be pressure mounted or they come with optional mounting cups for hardware mounting.

imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"