September 2012 Moms
Options

PB talk

Thought I would move this discussion over here. So, has everyone gone to PB to make sure they can access it? How is it on mobile? 

I can get used to a new site but I do really like how hidden we are here. The people that left us for other boards, I don't really care if they play so having more of them popping in on PB might be annoying to me. But I'm a bitch like that.

I'm really torn on my feeling on this so I will just be a follower.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
Leo Richard 9.20.12 

Re: PB talk

• Options
    As much as I hate giving TB the clicks after everything and as squicky as it all feels now, I say we stay.  We are way better hidden and I like our group.  I'm not a fan of the proboards set up, but I will do what the larger group wants.  Like @jenndub I just can't quit you all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I can't access it at work.  Unfortunately that is the only time I get to bump. 

imageimage 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want to stay here.  If I'm forced, I'll move, but I'm not sure if I can access PB at work either and also, I don't want to.
  • Options
    That settles it for me, we stay. I was wondering if people couldn't access from work. I prefer to chat on my computer so I understand not wanting to have to switch to mobile.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Plus is I look like I'm working if on my computer. Not so much on my phone :(

imageimage 

• Options
    I would like to stay here.
  • Options
    I also thought it was a pottery barn thread. I am annoyed with them right now and I was ready to vent!

I have never been on pro boards. I say we stay and ride out the storm like we have in the past. I honestly don't REALLY know or understand all of what is going. But it seems as though most of us regular posters are still here. 
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on PB as well as TB and the new FB group. I'll keep all 3 for now. I love this small group we have and I want to be able to stay in contact.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    I prefer it here, but am on the other 2 as well. I will migrate if we all do, but I would be super sad to leave you all together. (Insert big creepy internet hug)

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I'll do what everyone else does.

I don't have a work conflict with either.  TB sucks for me on mobile because it constantly logs me out, so PB couldn't really be worse.  Zero interest in FB.  I don't have an interest in doing both PB and TB so this will be it for me if this is where everyone stays.

I will say that there's no point in venturing out of S12 on TB.  My Feb BMB isn't even fun to lurk anymore.  The rest of the community is just total shit now.  They really just plowed this place. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I'm here, on PB (although I just signed up and haven't used the board yet) and in the FB group (both actually). I would prefer to stay because I'm lazy and don't want to have to acclimate to a new board, but, like everyone else, I'll go where y'all go :)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options

Can I just say that this whole thing ruined a community rather than improving it?  We were going along just fine and now our 3+ year group is totally splintered with people who don't want to come back here, people that want to stay and those going between.  We were loyal and following all of the rules (mostly) and we are the ones that are getting screwed.  Thanks TB.

You hit the nail on the head. I guess I didn't realize until today that a PB page for S12 really took off. I blame my lack of sleep last week and my own comprehension problems.
    I don't care what happens. I'll be here & on FB too at least through my ML. Also, my J15 board is still very active. I dont post much there bc I feel like everyone is knew still. Plus theee are so many people to keep straight.

Ps-I first thought this thread (PB)
    was about peanut butter. Then I saw that it was @hmp1 who started it, so I figured Nope, has to be about Pottery Barn. ;) silly me.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @shiggbop that is an interesting idea!  I've actually never been on reddit...  What is it like?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I can't get with PB, I have an account but can't post. I'm planning on staying here and on FB.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll be here when I can be. I checked out the S12 board on PB yesterday & it seems quiet there too. I'm already on PB for my nest board, so I'm used to the format. I'm not on FB, so I won't be there ;)

• Options
    AKB090609 said:
    I can't get with PB, I have an account but can't post. I'm planning on staying here and on FB.
    Why can't you post?

• Options
    I have the app for PB but I just lurk on parenting there occasionally. I'm not a huge fan of how it's set up. I started an intro thread last week but I don't think it's going to take off over there. I honestly think it's easier to just stay here.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm going with the masses. I'd rather stay here because I'm lazy. I hate the way TB handled this and beepbop hit it on the head. They suck.

I'm on here, FB and PB but don't really post on PB.

Add me to the group that thought it had to be about pottery barn since hmp started the thread. :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited January 2015
    Can I just say that this whole thing ruined a community rather than improving it?  We were going along just fine and now our 3+ year group is totally splintered with people who don't want to come back here, people that want to stay and those going between.  We were loyal and following all of the rules (mostly) and we are the ones that are getting screwed.  Thanks TB.
    I agree. I liked the resident mod set-up, because it meant that for the most part the rules were followed (people could be snarky, but not get away with real abuse or cruelty) and it suited the needs of the actual community. Bump Gods and hired mods are so out of touch with the atmosphere that made TB everyone's comfort zone. It's like they burned down a forest to build a strip-mall. I'm not even a regular poster on any of the boards most affected by it and it's still pretty upsetting to me. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm staying here!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I've been reading on proboards, but haven't created an account. I'm on FB and here. I did get really overwhelmed with work this week and suddenly really anxious about the second semester and turning over my classroom in 12 weeks, so I probably won't really be here during the day. I will be here to read and lovetit after bedtime though.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    smb+jab said:
    i initially clicked on this thread thinking it was a thread about pottery barn :)

I thought peanut butter. :P
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I thought peanut butter, then saw it was @hmp1 that posted, so I figured it was pottery barn. :-)

I'm not moving to proboards.  I just don't have time for the shenanigans that typically go along with new boards.  That's why I never got involved with S14.  Too much nonsense.    Now I'm comfortable with our little group and I have the same feelings that @hmp1 does...if people who were just fly by posting have moved over and aren't posting here, that's ok.  I'd be pretty bummed if any of our regular groupies left.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I barely have time to keep up with this and the old fb group, so i definitely can't commit time to new boards. I'll be hanging out right here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options

I thought Pottery Barn as well! lol

I am on FB, but not on the FB group. How does one get added to that?

I went over to PB when we had our first TB issues 2ish years ago, and that seemed to fizzle. I'm sure I'd have to recreate an acct, as I don't remember any of that info anymore.

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bosha711 said:
    AKB090609 said:
    Why can't you post?

Honestly, I'm not sure, I tried when SAHM left and I've never been able to get my stuff to post. I guess I could work on it, but that seems like a lot of effort.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @starrysmile18 I vaguely remember that.  I don't remember what the issue was back then.  Do you?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe Nope! I tried really hard to remember, but all I can think of was that no one lasted on PB and ended up back here anyways.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited January 2015

I thought Pottery Barn as well! lol

I am on FB, but not on the FB group. How does one get added to that?

I went over to PB when we had our first TB issues 2ish years ago, and that seemed to fizzle. I'm sure I'd have to recreate an acct, as I don't remember any of that info anymore.

PM @tyrannasaurusjess your email and she'll add you. 
  • Options
    So I went to tyranosaurusjess and it said user not found. Was she blocked or am having a total dumb moment?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @starrysmile18 I vaguely remember that.  I don't remember what the issue was back then.  Do you?
    It was the big format change. The Nest had issues when they changed over and created the GBCN, but they also had other issues if I remember correctly. Remember the forum used to be more squared off and the borders were like tan or something? But we couldn't cuss!! And we couldn't just c&p a picture of GIF. The white is still shockingly bright, but all the other changes were totally worth the glitches we had to go through to get here.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    So I went to tyranosaurusjess and it said user not found. Was she blocked or am having a total dumb moment?
    Your spelling is off.
  • Options

Ha. Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, I had to edit my post because I spelled it wrong the first time.
  • Options
    Hi, @dimples12! I see you're due any day now! :) Did you and your H settle on a name?
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"