1st Trimester
Options

Well, number three, here we go!

It has been a hot minute since I've been on the boards. I was most active on the bump as a FTM, then here and there as a STM, and wow, can't believe I'm here as a TTM. DH and I did not use protection at all while BF by baby. At 10 months old, AF returned, so after a week or so, I got a script for the pill. I was instructed to wait until the first day of my next period to start taking the pill, and we slipped up during the month. I was eagerly waiting my menstrual cycle and wondering where the pesky thing was. Well, surprise, pregnant!

I kept saying how much I wanted to cherish our last pregnancy because I really enjoy being pregnant and we're not having any more than three children. We have two boys, and want one more shot at a girl; but regardless, if it comes out a boy again, it just wasn't in the cards to have a girl. At least then I wouldn't have to worry about updos and homecoming dresses! Well, my first is 5 years and the youngest is 11 months. Never did I think I'd have two so close in age!

Any third time mommy's out there?

Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!

Re: Well, number three, here we go!

• Options
    RedPeppahRedPeppah member
    edited January 2015

With our first, I was on the depo shot for birth control and just decided to cease the shot and let nature take hold at it's own pace. I wasn't even keeping track of how many months it took following the shot to get pregnant, but I believe it was probably around 6 or so months later. With my second, we were charting on FF using cervix checking, mucus, and for 3 months we were doing temperature checking. The first month of temping though, it was a fail since I realized my chronic stuffy nose leaves my mouth gaping open at night, so temperatures were useless. So in total, second baby came at 5 months of trying. I think breast feeding (and not having a period) worked to not make a baby right away, but as soon as my period came back, that's when it happened. Given that the first two took months to be a success, never did I think we would nail an unexpected one on the first try. But I don't know if I can really say I'm shocked, because for that month after the return of my period, I wasn't on any form of birth control, so I feel kind of stupid to say it wasn't planned.

Just got my HCG levels, 77. They are having me repeat tomorrow.

Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Options
    mgerowmgerow member
    edited January 2015
    It's good to know, I'm not alone here! I have a 3 year old girl and a 1 year old boy. I felt our family was complete and we tried for 6 months for both kids before. This time doubled up on birth control but we had an oops and here we go again. Looks like fate had other plans for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have two boys and my DH convinced me to try for another. We used fertility treatments for the last one so when I agreed to stop preventing pregnancy I honestly didn't think it would happen so quickly au natural. I'm really happy but it still seems unreal. Two more weeks u til my first dr appt and I think I'm like 4 weeks along. My question is when I should tell my kids? They are 4 and almost 2. My hubby is chomping at the bit...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to team surprise #3 is coming! We have a 5 year old and a 15 month old. It took us 17 months and 2 losses to get DS2 so having unprotected sex once didn't seem like it would be all it took. But here we go again. ;) Having two that are only 22 months apart does make me really nervous but I figure people do it all the time so we'll hopefully figure it out too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    this is my first baby but congrats! mine wasn't planned either, but I'm happy. 
  • Options
    Our 3rd too, however quite different ages then most of your ladies little ones.  Our kiddos are 13 and 10!  They know and are thrilled!!  
  • Options

Add me to team surprise #3 is coming! We have a 5 year old and a 15 month old. It took us 17 months and 2 losses to get DS2 so having unprotected sex once didn't seem like it would be all it took. But here we go again. ;) Having two that are only 22 months apart does make me really nervous but I figure people do it all the time so we'll hopefully figure it out too.

Wow! I could have written this myself! We are also on the Surprise team! We've always wanted three, but were going to wait until the late summer to start trying. Oops. Number three is now due in October :-) Our DD#1 will be 5 in May and DD#2 is 16 months. #2 and #3 will be 24 months (and a few weeks...hopefully) apart.

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Options
    We got our surprise #3 last week. Due to my health issues we thought we were done with two but God had other plans for us. We are so excited!! We have a 6 year old girl and 4 year old boy and they are thrilled!
  • Options
    We have a 5 and 2 year old and #3 is due next month. We had talked about a third but not yet. Another birth control fail here. This is very much it for us. I'm excited, especially since were having a girl after 2 boys, but I'm also petrified because of our 2 year old. He's still not talking or near potty trained and I often forget that he's not younger than he really is. I'm nervous about how to handle both him and a newborn.
  • Options
    I have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old. #3 was planned and I'm so excited to find out if we are having 3 girls or if my husband will finally get his boy. Either way is great to me.
  • Options
    This is a very planned #3 for us. I have an almost 6 year old DS and a 3 yr old DD. This time I agreed to be team green, but I am already wondering if it is a boy or girl and I am only 5 weeks and change!

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hey there... you and I are in a very similar boat! DS is three, and DD just turned one. In fact I got a BFP on her first birthday last Sunday! Another nursing mom/no birth control here. My period had just come back at 10 months pp and we had two slips up. We wanted a third, but definitely NOT this soon. To be honest I was very caught off guard and shocked when the test showed positive. Still trying to swallow that I was pregnant last year and now again this year. My biggest concern is juggling 3 kids close in age, the extra chores (FT working mom) and telling my work. I started showing at 7 weeks with my second so I don't have much time before people will figure it out for themselves! 
    Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• Options
    I have a 5 year old girl and 3 year old boy and we're expecting #3 in September. We had an ectopic last February, so we're excited. :)
  • Options
    i found out i was pregnant with #3 feb 23rd. my period was 3 days late and i didnt think anything of it because in january it was 8 days late and in dec it was 7 days late. i just decided to test to see what was going to happen. and voila i was pregnant. i got my IUD out in july and it only took 6 months to concieve. we have a 6 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. we are very excited and im due around october 29th.
  • Options
    I am ttm to be too, my dd 6yr, my son, oh my young young son lol He just turned 4 months. Yes this is very much a surprise for us, I just tested today, still bf and haven't had a period. We used condoms, my mom told me I am never to even look at a penis again haha 
  • Options
    We have a 3 y/o and 1 y/o. We DTD one day after AF ended thinking that I wouldn't be ovulating for more than a week. We thought wrong! But we are overjoyed! We always wanted a big family and now we are blessed with one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"