January 2013 Moms

Disney and pregnant?

I think I remember a few people taking thier LOs to Disney. We are throwing the idea around whether to take DS. When we go he would be just over 2.5. The other catch is that if it goes according to planned I will also hopefully be pregnant by then too. Are we crazy considering this?
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Disney and pregnant?

• not crazy
    i went twice pregnant....once when i was 7months pg with dd and we just went in sept/oct and i was like 3 months pg? and dd was just about 22 months old
    the rides she could go on were the same ones i could go on pg so it worked out....it was really hot....and she's not the best at being in her stroller, but she was awesome with the characters
    there are baby centers at each park for diapers and feedings and just taking a break etc....

• ah yes hydrate! you can ask the food places for free ice water....you're also allowed to bring in your own stuff...we had a package of bottled water so we had bottles to take with us....we had a local forgery store deliver stuff like diapers and wipes and snacks to the hotel so we didn't have to pack it all with us

• Loading the player...
  • Chili chili chili! So happy to see you here :) and we are considering Disney in the fall/winter but I better not be pg. haha.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• DH is worried that ds wouldn't enjoy it and is questioning if we should wait till he's older. I'm on the fence but think ds would have a blast. Do you think it was worth it or wait till he is closer to five/six?
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • that's up to you....we love disney....knew she probably won't remember, but she had a blast while there (we think) and we got tons of pictures....she loves disney jr though so i'm sure that helped.....everytime she sees the castle in a commercial or at the beginning of a movie she gets really excited and says "castle!" and i like to believe it's bc she remembers.....
    but we went mainly for us so we could remember her reactions and experiences....knowing she probably wouldn't.....
    so it's really up to you....

• We went in August for my daughter's 4th birthday. Ella was 18 months old and she had a great time. There were lots of rides she was able to ride, and she loved getting to meet the characters. I had actually just found out I was pregnant the day before we left, so no pregnancy symptoms. I still didn't ride any of the big rides though, because I am such a worrier when I'm pregnant. I think 2.5 is a great age!
    DD 1 - Aug. 2010
    DD 2 - Jan. 2013
    Baby Boy -  EDD April 12, 2015

• I too won't be pregnant but we're planning on taking DD to Disney in Florida either in June/July or September depending on when family can meet up to go with us! DD enjoyed HK Disney when she was like 21 months old so I only assume she'll enjoy it more next time. 

I probably wouldn't have liked going while pregnant, DD took a nap in her stroller and so DH & I took turns riding adult rides without her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"