Trouble TTC

Where to go for fertility testing

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. We went to the initial meeting with and RE. We're beginning the testing process. My pcp informed me that some people get the testing done at the OBGyN office. My question for everyone is where did you go for testing? Did you get it done by the RE or by the ObGYN?

Re: Where to go for fertility testing

• My OBGYN ordered my 1st round of BW & HSG so my insurance would cover 100% of it. RE ordered everything else

Me: 34 Mild Thin PCOS DH: 36

5 Clomid & TI= BFFN

IUI-IVF coming Soon...

• I did all the blood tests and my HSG through my OBGYN (she just ordered the tests). I didn't actually need to see her for anything. Labs did the blood work and radiology did the HSG (hysterosaplingogram). My OBGYN also requested the semen analysis for my husband. It was cheaper to do all the testing through my normal doctor.
    My RE did send me in for a retest on a few things that she thought looked off after she reviewed my results. All my tests were looked over by the RE, not my OBGYN. And all fertility treatments and medications will be done through my RE. I think thats most important. OBGYN's are not the best to recommend treatments. Good Luck and fingers crossed for all positive results.
    Me: 28, DH: 32
    Married 8/10/13 
    TTC since Oct 2013 
    Met with RE Jan 2015 
    Me: Elevated thyroid levels 
    DH: All good 
    Unexplained infertility 
    IUI #1 scheduled for May 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I'm going to check in with my OBGYN. The RE had me driving over an hour and a half for the tests. That what I was trying to avoid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"