September 2012 Moms
Options

Has anyone ever purchased exercise equipment?

I went to look at a gym in our new town and it's reasonably priced, with new equipment, but I seriously can't fathom when I'm ever going to get there. When our garage door goes up, it wakes up Ethan, whose bedroom is right above it. So, if I actually got my arse out of bed at 5 am, E would be awake shortly after and it would make for a super stressful morning for H. That said, I'm thinking about investing in a treadmill. Has anyone bought one? Is wanting to pay $500 or less even reasonable? That's my budget and I'm not sure I can get quality for that...

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: Has anyone ever purchased exercise equipment?

• Options
    and sorry, this is a p&r. I'll check back later.

• Options
    I bought an elliptical, it was somewhere between $1,000-1,500.  It's pretty nice, but not the same as the gym equipment. 

I don't know about treadmills.  Sorry, that's not a lot of help.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A $500 treadmill might be pretty crappy. Though, you might be able to find some decent New Years resolution deals right now.

I bought a Horizon something or other for $1100 and it is a mediocre treadmill. It feels sturdy and gets decent use, but I don't know how comfortable I would be getting a cheaper model. You would have to go in store and try them out. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I just bought a treadmill. There were some on Amazon that were rated okay for around 500, but I decided that spending a little more for a longer term investment made sense. The one I ended up going with was $1000, including shipping. I'm really happy with it so far.
  • Options
    We bought a treadmill after Jasper was born, and we spent about $1500 (H picked it out-- I thought that seemed like a bit much). I really like it, though I don't use it as much as I thought it would. We purchased it from Dick's, and I think they delivered it and set it up and all that jazz. I didn't have a huge part in the research process, so I really can't say what makes this one any nicer/better than the less expensive models, but I agree with hmp on looking at used. I think you could definitely find a nice used treadmill for around that price-- especially since I think it's a fairly common item that people buy and Are going to use it! And get fit! And run marathons!! And then it eventually ends up as a clothes hanger that people just want gone. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'd try to buy a used precor. I think you'd be in the $800 range but the quality would probably be worth it.

My elliptical is a Nordic track and of all the home ellipticals I've seen under $2k i think I got lucky. It's really a beast.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy a $500 treadmill unless that's a used price. It will likely be loud and not that stable. When I upgraded my really crummy treadmill last year, I paid $1,500 for a Sole F80. Sole does have lower models that come in around $1,000. I would checkout CL in your area for one that someone bought and then realized they didn't want.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eshee8198 said:
    I just bought a treadmill. There were some on Amazon that were rated okay for around 500, but I decided that spending a little more for a longer term investment made sense. The one I ended up going with was $1000, including shipping. I'm really happy with it so far.
    @eshee8198 which one did you go with? I've looked at the Proform CST 505, it's basic, no frills, but got pretty good reviews, except for the few who couldn't seem to get it put together and the 74 year old who thought it needed more padding... it's $589.

• Options
    I'd try to buy a used precor. I think you'd be in the $800 range but the quality would probably be worth it. My elliptical is a Nordic track and of all the home ellipticals I've seen under $2k i think I got lucky. It's really a beast.
    I know these are great, my IL's used to have one. I'm leaning towards a treadmill....

• Options
    melody921 said:
    I wouldn't buy a $500 treadmill unless that's a used price. It will likely be loud and not that stable. When I upgraded my really crummy treadmill last year, I paid $1,500 for a Sole F80. Sole does have lower models that come in around $1,000. I would checkout CL in your area for one that someone bought and then realized they didn't want.
    Did the Sole F80 get good reviews?

• Options
    A $500 treadmill might be pretty crappy. Though, you might be able to find some decent New Years resolution deals right now.

I bought a Horizon something or other for $1100 and it is a mediocre treadmill. It feels sturdy and gets decent use, but I don't know how comfortable I would be getting a cheaper model. You would have to go in store and try them out. 
    @Flamingemu is it the Horizon T101 ? This one got great Amazon reviews for $799..

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    I'd try to buy a used precor. I think you'd be in the $800 range but the quality would probably be worth it. My elliptical is a Nordic track and of all the home ellipticals I've seen under $2k i think I got lucky. It's really a beast.
    I know these are great, my IL's used to have one. I'm leaning towards a treadmill....
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear.  I meant a used precor treadmill from craigslist, not an elliptical.

• Options
    Eastie156 said:

@Flamingemu is it the Horizon T101 ? This one got great Amazon reviews for $799..
    Yes, I got the Horizon Fitness T101-3 (so says my Amazon history) originally. It was okay. It folds, though still takes up a huge amount of space folded. DH never thought the mileage actually matched up though. It is sturdy enough to constant use, but not sure for how long. I upgraded shortly after I bought it for a sturdier model. It certainly will hold up if you are an occasional runner though.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    @Flamingemu‌ what did you upgrade to?

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    @Flamingemu‌ what did you upgrade to?
    I think it is a Sole. One of the folding ones. I needed a 60" deck since we are both so tall, and DH really wanted the fold. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    @Eastie156‌ sorry, been traveling and missed this! I got a LifeStyles tr1200i something. This one: https://www.healthstylesexercise.com/lifespan-tr1200i-treadmill.html
  • Options

Thanks guise for the input. I ended up going with this one, overstock had a good starting price on it and a 20% off coupon to use on it, so I paid just over $700 for it.

https://www.treadmill-world.com/proform-995-i-treadmill.html?utm_source=amazon-pads&utm_campaign=www.amazon.com&utm_medium=cpc

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"