Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

only potty trained naked

If we could all walk around in the nude my little guy would be perfectly potty trained. As long as we let him be naked he will go to the potty every time, but as soon as we put anything on him he has accidents. We have tried pull ups, big boy undies, and going commando with just his loose fitting pants. Sometimes he will tell us he needs to go and pull down the undies but its not as consistent as when he is naked. He is 26 months old. Any ideas or suggestions to help him get it?

Re: only potty trained naked

• Options
    Patience!! I started potty training at about 18 months with wearing tidy-whities and boxers and we had lots of accidents at first but with time he has perfected his feelings for going potty.. it was much easier for him to also figure out the pee-pee first by 24m he would always let me know -peepee potty- but going poo was a whole other monster :/ needless to say we tossed a good number of undies out cause I refuse to wash them if there was any form of mush.. if I caught him in time with a pretty solid nugget no problem I just bleached those bad boys anyways I never did the chart or reward kind of training but we did have lil celebrations every time he did go in the potty like a lil song and clapping hands and cheering and making sure we said bye-bye poopoo and of course the funnest part of it all getting to flush! ( also giving him the option of his potty or the big potty with a seat ) now at 32months he's a pro while we are at home but I still use diapers while we are out cause he does not like strange big toilets.. Good Luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Thanks so much for your reply. I think I just need to be patient. I have a lot of friends with babies in the same age range I think I'm making the mistake of comparing them to my little guy and I know thats a nono. Im just going to let him get it in his own time and keep doing what we are doing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If that's how he'll go, let him be naked at home. We had to do that with my son too, he would only go to the potty if he was naked. Eventually he will get it with his pants on, but for now, let him get used to going in the potty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"