November 2014 Moms

Tuesday Randoms

It's sad how dead this board is now. At least it's motivation to join in more and keep things active.

LO needs to start sleeping longer than 2-3 hour stretches at night at 11 weeks old. I know it's not abnormal but I want a nice chunk of sleep!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • @Wolkie‌ ohhh how I miss baked goods!
    @emmaknits‌ good luck with the offer! I hope they accept!
    @CocoGelato‌ I have a chest sleeper too. The only way I can look at it is soon enough our babies will be moving and shaking and we will wish they would sleep on our chests again. Maybe?

L will sleep for long stretches on me. Last night he slept from 8 pm - 4 am. But when we woke up no wet diaper? He ate at 7:30. When he finally did pee he had "brick dust" in his diaper for the 2nd day in a row. We were at the PCP last week for this. His pee tested negative for blood. The dr said its the crystals from his urine mixing with the diaper? I am starting to think the longer stretches of sleep causes him to dehydrate. He eats every 3 hours during the day. I think I am going to feed him every 2 and wake him at least once during his long stretch at night to eat and see of this brick dust will disappear. Its alarming to open his diaper and see a red spot.
  • Q tested positive for RSV. Poor baby has been a champ since Friday. The doctor was surprised she tested positive bc it just seems like a cold, but since she can't go to daycare this week I'm home with her until my mom gets off at 3 then I'm off to the office. I can't help but feel guilty about having to put her in daycare bc I know that's where she got it. I just want to stay home with her forever

Oh no! Hoping she feels better soon. Hugs Momma

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                   TTC Since 2009 
                                        BFP 1: Nov 2010 MMC at 5 Weeks
                  BFP 2: June 2010 First Round of Clomid Blighted Ovum at 7 weeks
         Surprise BFP 3: Feb 2014, Healthy Baby Boy Due October 27th 2014. OB thinks this is it!
  • alli65 said:

@Wolkie‌ ohhh how I miss baked goods!
    @emmaknits‌ good luck with the offer! I hope they accept!
    @CocoGelato‌ I have a chest sleeper too. The only way I can look at it is soon enough our babies will be moving and shaking and we will wish they would sleep on our chests again. Maybe?

L will sleep for long stretches on me. Last night he slept from 8 pm - 4 am. But when we woke up no wet diaper? He ate at 7:30. When he finally did pee he had "brick dust" in his diaper for the 2nd day in a row. We were at the PCP last week for this. His pee tested negative for blood. The dr said its the crystals from his urine mixing with the diaper? I am starting to think the longer stretches of sleep causes him to dehydrate. He eats every 3 hours during the day. I think I am going to feed him every 2 and wake him at least once during his long stretch at night to eat and see of this brick dust will disappear. Its alarming to open his diaper and see a red spot.

This sounds like urates. DS had it the first 2 days after birth.

TTC Since 2009 
         Surprise BFP 3: Feb 2014, Healthy Baby Boy Due October 27th 2014. OB thinks this is it!
  • @Wolkie‌ - hope the burn isn't bad.
    @emmaknits‌ - good luck on the housem

Re: chest sleeping. LO itaking his 12.5 weeks and I lost the battle last night and she ended up sleeping with us. DH goes back to work today after taking his FMLA and I didn't want to have a raging baby sleep war. She was being super chatty and smiley in her RNP alternating with crying.

It's not that we don't love snuggles together, but feel like we need to get her sleeping on a flat surface by the time she goes to day care in a few weeks.

• @wolkie Now I want pie and it is 9 am!

My great sleeper decided to party last night and is forgoing her morning nap. Just when I think we have a routine she decides to mix it up.

I started the mini pill last Sunday and all of the sudden I think my supply has taken a hit. I used to pump once in the morning and get 4 ounces, enough for DH to give her a bottle in the evening. The last few days it has taken me a few sessions throughout the day to get that. Has anyone else noticed a correlation in their supply and the mini pill?
  • lmsherrill26lmsherrill26 member
    edited January 2015
    @songbirdsinging55‌ I had food poisoning a few weeks back- so awful! Hopefully the leftover queasiness goes away soon!

& thank God for zofran!
  • This AM I am pumping and eating pancakes. I go back to work in 2 weeks.

New picture of my LO

CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• @joshua+rebecca11‌ Mine aren't cracked but they are still sore and bruised. LO has a decent latch until MOTN when he pulls on and off and does a number on them. I'm tired of being sore though. It sucks and makes BF not very much fun. Everyone says it gets easy at some point but I'm still waiting.
  • We have our 2 month check up today - it was quite the process getting both kids up, fed, dropping DD off at SILs and making it to the doctor which is 45 min away by 11am. Huge high five to all you moms who are back to work and do this everyday!

• CaraluvsCaraluvs member
    edited January 2015
    My baby is enjoying her new tummy time mat from Ikea! However, she just fell asleep. I wondered if I should flip her, but I think I'll leave her be. My Google search summary seemed to suggest it's fine to let sleeping babies lie.
    Anniversary
  • Whelp I managed to mess up last night. I had just changed Little Miss into a night time diaper and was doing one last feeding before bed when she started fussing like crazy. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what was up so I put her in her crib and rubbed her back until she fell asleep. It wasn't till 3am that I realized she had slept in a poopy diaper for 7 hours. She tried telling me and I didn't even realize. Usually I can hear or smell it when she poops, but not this time. Now I'm paranoid about it and keep checking her every time she starts to fuss today. Oh well, no damage done at least!
  • Re: chest sleepers. My LO always naps on me. He usually wakes if I put him down for naps, but he will sleep in the co-sleeper at night. However, he is sleeping on the guest bed BY HIMSELF right now. Who is this child?

Re: RNP - my LO doesn't love his. It was the one baby item I HAD to get, but he will only tolerate it for a few minutes, with the exception of when I shower. He will sit in it if I put it in the bathroom while I'm in the shower. I think he likes the noise and warmth.

I'm loving all these new faces in the randoms thread and throughout the board! Let's keep this going!
  • @lmsherrill26 I hope she feels better soon.
    @songbirdsinging55 Hope you're feeling better soon too!
    @joshua+rebecca11 My LO still doesn't have a great latch either at almost 10 weeks and every now and then I end up with a tiny blister, no cracking or bleeding but my nipples are always sore. I hope to EBF at least 6 months but am scared about what will happen when he starts to get teeth. Hopefully he'll continue to get better at it before then!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• @Jan1214 Yep! My LO just started sticking her fist in her mouth almost constantly. I've been trying to gently pull it out and switch it for a pacifier, but so far it's a no go. Oh well, as long as she's happy! As far as slobber goes, she drools so much sometimes that I've picked her up and the whole side of her hair/head is wet because of it and then her hair sticks out and she kind of looks like a clown. I have black mail pictures for when she gets older now! :-)
  • Jan1214 said:

Oh, I forgot to say that I'm happy other people are experiencing the slobber and hand-chewing. I thought my little guy was teething, and I wanted to cry. Glad to know it's normal for this age.

Definitely experiencing this over here. He has discovered his thumb! I don't know what to do to keep him from doing this. He munchies on his hands and drools everywhere.

TTC Since 2009 
  • @emmaknits that's so exciting! I still remember when DH and I put our first offer in on our house 2 years ago. It's so exciting and scary at the same time. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Just got home from the pediatrician with LO. He had some blood in his diaper last night so they wanted to see him. They think it is a milk intolerance and I need to cut out dairy for the time being. I'm bummed about it, but thankful that it is nothing serious and something that could be easily fixed.

• Prayers coming your way!
  • @BrittG13 - oh no! I hope everything is okay!
  • @BrittG13‌
    Sending good thoughts!
  • @BrittG13‌ - thoughts and prayers for you and LO

TTC Since 2009 
  • @BrittG13‌ hope everything is alright!
  • @ShootingStar2325‌ I am in that boat! The first week or so is tough but you will get used to it.
  • @BrittG13‌ - Hope it's nothing serious.

• @BrittG13‌ sending thoughts and prayers! Hope LO gets better quickly!

• @BrittG13‌ sending thoughts and prayers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"