Blended Families
Options

Hi, re-intro

Its been years since I have been on here but I decided for a variety of reasons to come back. SD is now almost 15 and is living with us exclusively. SD hasn't seen BM since the beginning of June and aside from a text at 8:30pm on Christmas night (just saying "I thought about you") we haven't heard from BM or seen BM for more than 7 months. We haven't moved and as far as we know she hasn't either, she just hasn't made any contact or requested to see SD at all.

SD has been doing really well though. She is in honor society and has straight A's in her honors classes (is a year ahead in English and Math). She is in ROTC and has decided she wants to go into the NAVY she wants to be a forensic pathologist. She has only broke down once (during Christmas break) about why BM doesn't ask about her or make an effort to see her or talk to her. The night she got the text she got so upset she made herself sick (she was actually throwing up).

Other than that things have been pretty stress free since we haven't had to deal with BM's random men threatening DH.

Re: Hi, re-intro

• Options
    Welcome!
    I'm very sorry your SD is dealing with that with BM but it definitely shows that she's getting the support she needs from you and DH to be excelling so well in school and making career plans. It may be beneficial for her to get some therapy for the whole BM situation if she got sick from hearing from BM so that she doesn't keep getting sick and is better equipped mentally and emotionally for the next BM contacts or wants to visit her.
    Also, I was in the Navy and it was pretty awesome! It definitely paid off during and now that I'm out for paying for college and I got to experience so many different cultures and meet some awesome people. Also let her know the Air Force is a great option too as my brother has absolutely loved his two enlistments so far and just signed up again.
    I'm glad overall everything is relatively stress free for you and your family. :)
  • Options
    Thanks, SD has talked with a counselor about the situation in the past. She does get pretty angry and at this point wants nothing to do with BM (which seems to work well with BM choosing to have no contact). We will probably look into having her speak to someone again.

She is very excited about the NAVY - she wants to be like Ducky on NCIS lol. She has spoken to a recruiter and is trying to figure out the best way to go about college, medical school etc. She thought about the Air Force but she said something about how they don't accept a lot of people because no one is leaving. I am not sure. I have friends whose spouses are in the Navy and Air Force. When it gets closer we will discuss some more. She has 3 years until she graduates. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"