November 2014 Moms

May I enter ghost town?

Hey Nov moms!
My name is Libby and I'm a FTM.
I have commented on a few posts and find myself wanting to participate more and more. I did an intro around 12 weeks in this pregnancy, but after losing our first baby I was too hesitant to get vested and went into lurkdom. Then, every time I started to feel comfortable in my pregnancy, something would come up. We dealt with kidney issues at our a/s and then IUGR with low fluid at the end of my pregnancy.

We were blessed with a tiny but perfect 5lb 14oz baby girl who we named Piper on Nov 18th. I went into labor at the end of my shift (nurse in an adult trauma/medical unit) and almost gave birth in the car a few hours later trying to get back to the hospital. I ended up with an unplanned med free birth 36 minutes after we arrived! She is quite a pistol and I'm loving every minute of being a mommy.

I was active on ttcal in the past. I'm not happy with the changes, but I hate to see the board dissolve and hope to be able to bring something to the table!

Re: May I enter ghost town?

• You had a roller coaster of a pregnancy! Piper is adorable!
  • @minibean16‌ it sure was! Not always a fun one, but worth it. I think that's going to be the rest of my life now ;)

@Becks517‌ thanks for the warm welcome!

@ClrkKntismyAE‌ if I remember from being a creepy lurker, you have an older DD? Crazy how fast you went with your DS! I'm scared to think if my first was three hours, what my second might be? I still had my shirt and bra on when I delivered and they were putting the iv in as she came out. How fast was your first?

• Loading the player...
  • Piper! Congrats on a fast delivery and welcome, just in time, you can help liven things up around here
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Congrats on your baby girl! I'm happy you've decided to come out of the woodwork!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats on your beautiful girl and welcome!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hey libby- I remember going through our losses around the same time and similar circumstances (12 weeks in), so glad to see you here, congratulations :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• @rox825‌ you are right! Congrats on your rainbow as well!

• Congrats! She's adorable!
  • Welcome! Your daughter is adorable! And I LOVE are name Piper. And welcome to ghost town!
  • Welcome to ghost town. Your DD is adorable.

• Congrats on your adorable little girl! And welcome out of lurking :)
  • Congrats! Piper is cute (:
  • Congrats on your beautiful baby! Happy to have you here!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations on your adorable little girl! Piper is such a cute name.
  • Congratulations! Your little girl is adorable!
  • libby+natelibby+nate member
    edited January 2015
    @Becks517‌ that's awesome your induction went so well! I'm scared for the next one but also crossing my fingers it happens quickly again so I can go med free. I wouldn't have lasted 36 minutes at the hospital, but they had to find someone to deliver me! It was horrible feeling the need to push. My poor husband was going 85 pleading me to hold her in and cursing me for shaving my legs. (Yes I took a bath and shaved my legs while dilating from a 3-10. It seems super crazy now!)

@shaddox16‌ so glad you remember me! I have been stalking my pgal girls! Scarlett is adorable!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and the compliments on her name!
    She was going to be Penelope during my pregnancy and a lady in admissions at the hospital said negative things about it. Cue new mom hormonal melt down! I panicked and we literally flipped a coin. Now she is totally a Piper to me after several weeks of name regret and I'm finally feeling good in my decision!

Edit because typing while feeding is hard!

• Welcome! I remember you from the name board. We actually did end up officially changing my baby's name. She's Isabel now. The family thinks I'm a nutcase, but at least I'm a happy nutcase now. :P
    Anniversary
  • @Caraluvs‌ I'm so proud of you! Way to follow your heart! My husband didn't feel comfortable changing her first name anymore, but we are changing her middle name as soon as we make an appointment with the judge. She will be Piper Elizabeth instead of Piper Jo. Her nn was going to be PJ, but I just don't love the idea of that anymore. Isabel is beautiful! Congrats and I'm a little tiny jealous you were able to go through with it! I still get a little tinge in my heart when I think about the name Penelope. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"