Two Under 2
Options

i think my 10 month old is being picky with food -_-

So I am trying to give my almost 11 month old baby the same food I eat like everyone is suggesting since I asked because I was completely lost on what to give him but he won't take just anything! he would eat rice, beans but no chicken and I shred it in pieces so he can eat it with his only 2 bottom teeth but he seems like he is going to throw up! i don't season it a lot just a tiny bit. I try to give him different types of food and fruits and he just turns his head and wont take it, he would gag!  Is he being picky this young? any suggestions? I would really appreciate it. :) TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: i think my 10 month old is being picky with food -_-

• Options
    I am also worried about it because he will be one soon! and that I know of, you are suppose to give them whole milk an food! once they are 1 year old. Any advise or anything would help. I've already asked his pedi but he just tells me to keep trying on giving him food which DUh obviously. Thanks again ladies!

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about it yet. As long as he is nursing/getting enough formula bottles, he is getting the nutrition he needs. Just keep offering. My 9 month old eats what we eat also. I recommend the book Baby Led Weaning by Rapley & Murkett. It will give ideas on what to feed. My boys love cheerios, gerber puffs, veggie straws, apples, grapes (quartered), blueberries,strawberries, green beans, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, any kind of cracker, toast with peanut butter, etc. They don't eat too much meat unless I give that to them first with no other options on their plates. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    vettymama said:
    I wouldn't worry about it yet. As long as he is nursing/getting enough formula bottles, he is getting the nutrition he needs. Just keep offering. My 9 month old eats what we eat also. I recommend the book Baby Led Weaning by Rapley & Murkett. It will give ideas on what to feed. My boys love cheerios, gerber puffs, veggie straws, apples, grapes (quartered), blueberries,strawberries, green beans, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, any kind of cracker, toast with peanut butter, etc. They don't eat too much meat unless I give that to them first with no other options on their plates. 
    But don't I need to stop feeding him formula once he is 1 year old and give him whole milk and solids?

• Options
    Absolutely not! Age 1 is the earliest a baby should stop formula. Most take much longer to wean.
  • Options
    Exactly what @Pearlvirus said. You can START weaning around 1 if you wanted but there is no set rule. If he still isn't eating many solids, then he still needs formula or some other formula/toddler replacement. 

• Options
    vettymama said:
    Exactly what @Pearlvirus said. You can START weaning around 1 if you wanted but there is no set rule. If he still isn't eating many solids, then he still needs formula or some other formula/toddler replacement. 
    Thank you!!!

• Options
  • Options
    bleusimpbleusimp member
    edited January 2015
    Keep trying, and of course you don't have to stop formula at 1. we still give my 17 month old a bottle at night, but mainly because he is refusing vegetables.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"