October 2014 Moms
Options

CP - What time did you wake up?

MrMrsandBabyMrMrsandBaby member
edited January 2015 in October 2014 Moms
Before babies, what time did you wake up for the day? Work days, not weekends.

I just put in hourly, pick whichever is closest!
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

CP - What time did you wake up? 103 votes

Before 5:00 a.m.
2% 3 votes
5:00
16% 17 votes
6:00
33% 34 votes
7:00
24% 25 votes
8:00
9% 10 votes
After 8:00
12% 13 votes
Shift work, I'm waking when you are going to bed!
0% 1 vote

Re: CP - What time did you wake up?

• Options
    I was in grad school when I got pregnant with DS1, and a TA teaching afternoon classes. My own courses were mostly in the evenings, so I was able to sleep in just about every day. I left my grad program mid-pregnancy to teach high school, and so started waking up much earlier, so I'm more of a SS.

Now that I'm a SAHM, I wake up 7-7:30, because DS1 gets up with the sun.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Damn, I forgot SS on this one...sorry!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get up around 7 on work days and sleep as late as possible every other day.

I used to always get up around 5:30/6 with DH so we could have breakfast together but alas those days are no more.

• Options
    This was tricky. I can't remember before DD or DS1 because my shifts always changed. Now my shift is 8-4, so I would roll out at 7 to dress and get to work, but I wake at 5 to get myself and the kids set, so I can get to work early enough to pump before my shift.

I chose 8 because I often worked at noon before Sol.
  • Options
    5:15 and leave the house by 5:45. With DS I have to leave by 5:30. So I will be getting up at 4:45 and DH will get up and get DS ready to go. Then take care of the dogs and get himself ready to go.
  • Options
    I used to get up at 7 because I could shower the night before and just eat breakfast, pack my lunch and go. Now that I can't shower whenever I want, I get up at 6 to shower/eat/gather pump parts/make bottles in the morning.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    I used to work swing shift so was going to bed.at 1 to 2 am. Got up around 9 or 10 most days.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I used to get up at 4:45 so I could go to the gym for an hour before getting ready for work. I'd love it if this kid would consistently sleep until 6:30 so that I could start doing that again. My gym is at my neighborhood clubhouse, just a block away, so it's super convenient. 
  • Options
    I wake up around the same time but my speed while getting ready has changed. I used to leave at 8:15 ish now I leave before 8.

My commute didn't change since lo goes to daycare close to my office.
  • Options
    5. Way too damn early but at least nothing has changed for me.
  • Options
    I'm not actually waking up when you're going to bed (because I'm already at work) but I do shift work and wake up whenever. If I'm off the day before then I get up when I wake up (usually between 8-10 before baby) and I'm up til I get home about 8 the next day. If I worked the day before also, I got up around 4pm.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"