October 2014 Moms

GTKYLO: Favorite things

Does your LO have a favorite toy, blanket, lovey?

I think it's awesome watching dd develop preferences for certain things. She has an infantino pink elephant toy that is her favorite. She also like her pink giraffe wubbanub.

I don't know if I'm crazy but she seems to look at pinks and reds the most. She reaches the most for things in those colors.
We are so excited to grow our family!
DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKYLO: Favorite things

• Nope.

image         image

• He laughs at his LeapFrog Scout a lot. Does that count?
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • Loading the player...
  • I love seeing G develop. He loves his playmat now. It's a relief. I love seeing him react to certain things. I think he's a fan of stripes.
  • Sure. Don't get me wrong. I know she's really young yet but she really does seem to prefer certain toys.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• She totally has preferences. Her monkey wubanub and her fisher price worm are her favorites toys. And she's very vocal about her music preferences: "Drunk on a Plane" and "Thinking Out Loud" will make her stop crying instantly.
  • E loves Bear Snores On. She kicks and hits the book. Other books not so much...
    She loves her jungle mat more than kick and play piano. Mortimer the Moose is also a fav

• He has a stuffed snowman and an elephant rattle that he likes, but it's because they are easy to grab and their noses fit in his mouth.
  • M loves his musical inch worm and the books 'My heart is like a zoo' and 'Brown bear brown bear'.

He also loves his firefly mirror in the car (THANK GOD)!

We just got Scout and have been using it for sleepy music before naps and bed. He smiles when it comes on - so he either likes the music or associates it with his pre-nap meal...
  • We just bought a kick n play piano mat today. I think dd will like it.

what is this Scout thing you speak of?
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Dd is most fascinated with the fisher price 1,2,3 crawl along snail. She loves light so I'm sure she'd react the same to any light up toy. 
    January Snow Fail

• sabby2 said:

We just bought a kick n play piano mat today. I think dd will like it.

It's a stuffed dog that you program with LOs name, favorite color, favorite animal, and favorite food. It has a collar that lights up.
    ::two chest pumps and a peace sign for Jenn:: ~ MrsJudgeyPants 

This is legal advice. Circa 2011 image
  • DD has a Violet (same as Scout) that she enjoys watching me play with in front of her. She seems to like the songs. DH and I sing along and she laughs with us, we think it's hilarious the way her name is squeezed into the lyrics! She also has a little stuffed buffalo that she loves to pet and chew on. She's pretty fascinated by her oball toys too. I love watching her play and learn, its so amazing to see her figure things out!

• DS enjoys a polar bear he got for Christmas that vibrates and makes giggle noises when you press down on the nose. So I will put it close to his mouth and he will give it a kiss and it will giggle and vibrate. It seems to soothe his gums.
    He also has a chick that hangs from a ring on his car seat and he will suck on the legs and it shackes when you pull on it.
    He's starting to grab and hold on to stuff we put in front of him, he'll get excited and make adorable faces, while kicking his legs ferociously!

imageimage
  • DS loves his Baby Einstein playmat, his silky elephant blankie/stuffed animal, and a ball rattle that he likes to throw for me to pick up.
  • ajh1230 said:

Dd is most faNscinated with the fisher price 1,2,3 crawl along snail. She loves light so I'm sure she'd react the same to any light up toy. 

Ha, it's a snail. Not a worm. I don't know why I called it that... DH and I have started sayin "yipee" to each other all high pitched mocking it because she sets it off so often.
  • @amandajean12 LOL I called it a caterpillar until I looked it up to post here. It is super sensitive I forget to turn it off all the time and will hear it go off in the living room when I'm in the kitchen.
    January Snow Fail

• sabby2 said:

We just bought a kick n play piano mat today. I think dd will like it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0080M1GX0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1421645167&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
  • toomanycats1toomanycats1 member
    edited January 2015
    DS loves the A&A Burpie bibs, he loves to suck in them and hold it to his cheek like a blankie.

He's obsessed with ceiling fans. He likes lights too, but put him under a ceiling fan (off or on, it doesn't matter) and he will coo and grunt at it for a super long time!

edited because autocorrect changed bibs to buns.

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• DD loves her Fisher Price lamp toy. And a hanging monkey that is on the activity gym. DS loved the same monkey too.

• C loves her Winnie the Pooh. I let her play with it upstairs (when I am getting everything prepped for bedtime, getting ready in the morning, etc). She will let cuddle and chat with it for as long as I let her keep it.

She also loves her baby mirror on her baby gym. She will talk and wave to the baby in the mirror for over 15 minutes at a time. It is so cute to watch.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• DS doesn't have any interest in toys or blankets yet. He likes it when people talk to him and give him genuine smiles, and will respond with a grin of his own.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • C loves her Aden and anais blankets and lovey. She can grasp them well and likes to run them on her cheek. She hasn't cared much about toys yet but she seems to like the music, lights and little toys to grab on her jumperoo.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• LO loves her jumparoo. She loves trying to stand and when you hold her will cry if not in the standing position.
  • DS has this little pirate that he will talk to all day long. I think his name on the package was Yo Ho Horace :)
    photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• Anything red. We have a stuffed red horse that sits on the changing table that he loves.
  • Mortimer the Moose is quickly becoming my baby's fave. For the longest time it was the monkeys on his bouncer. Particularly the blue one.
  • In addition to her toys, DD's favorite thing to talk to is herself. Not in the mirror though, she prefers pictures and videos. She gets very excited and laughs and talks as if in response to her recorded self. I tried showing her a video of my friend's LO but she didn't care for it as much. She's such a little narcissist!

• slsl509slsl509 member
    edited January 2015

DS loves looking looking at high contrast objects. He can spend hours* looking at DD's car bib, which is funny considering all of the toys we have. He loves the same Baby Einstein octopus that DD did. He really spends a lot of time squealing and cooing at the mobile I made for him. I wasn't happy with how it turned out but he really likes it so I guess it was worthwhile afterall.

I'll have to see what he thinks of DD's seahorse glow-thingie. If he likes it, I'll get him one too.

For non-human objects, he likes TV best of all. sorrynotsorry 

* hours in newborn time = 5 minutes adult time

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"