May 2014 Moms

Crib standing & I may have a heart attack!

FTM here ladies and I'm sure, like all other phases I'm never really "ready" for, this will become very normal to me. As of this week, DS is officially standing in his crib...wobbly as he may be, I watch him on the monitor repeatedly stand up 10 or so times in a row (so much for naps happening now with his cool new trick)...my concern is he falls back, sideways and forward! He's also an avid rail biter I can see...so I also need to find a solution for that. To Pinterest I shall go!

Is anyone concerned about their LO getting busted up from falls IN the crib?

Re: Crib standing & I may have a heart attack!

• My DD only fell a few times in her crib before the novelty wore off and she was sturdy enough. She didn't hurt herself though, just landed on her butt.
    Not sure about the rail biting thing, didn't experience that with my first and so far not with this LO either
  • I've only caught him on the monitor once standing and he fell straight over - I was so grateful that he didn't hit himself on the way down.  I think maybe it scared him because he hasn't pulled up in there again to my knowledge.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I can tell you ladies that my little spirited one keeps at it until he's ready to throw in the towel after the umpteenth time. I know he has to learn and I can't run in there every 5 seconds out of fear but I stand by the door ready to! I'm pretty sure I may have a crib climber on my hands eventually. 
  • DS hasn't figured that out yet but is able to grab the monitor off the side of the crib. We looked at the monitor and saw a close up of his eye and the rest of the room as he waved it around proudly. Time to move the crib down...
  • @haylo33‌ I bet that was a funny yet confusing moment for you! I've had a few like "wait, he can do that already?" Sloooow down little babies.
  • I'm a FTM too and my LO just started standing too! It freaks me out! We lowered her crib,but she loves to stand.
  • My LO does the same thing. I keep telling myself that if he does fall, it's from a very short distance (compared to if a 6 foot tall adult fell!) and he's light, so he won't hit the ground that hard. Right?
  • Ditto @usernameedit‌. E has been walking around her crib for at least six weeks now. She doesn't fall down much now, she sits from standing. I wasn't worried about her falling in her crib because it's soft.
    Falling from standing on the hardwood floor, though... Eek. That's happening. Ha. I just try to stay behind her or keep her on soft surfaces. Love that she's so independent though!
  • Ya, my LO pulled herself up the day she turned 7 months! Since then it's been quite the ride but has only hurt herself in the living room. And never hard enough that she didn't stop crying 10 seconds later. A month and a half later it doesn't worry me anymore. You'll get used to it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married Rob May 23rd 2008
    * Munchkin due May 5th 2014 * Getting back on the waiting list for domestic infant adoption May 2015 * Apparently May is our month!

• I need to make my DS actually sleep in his crib :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"