Babies on the Brain

want baby now but not sure if i should TTC. thoughts?

So I have a 2 and half yr old daughter and am ready to TTC. Hubby is ready too. I feel like this a good time. I'm 32 yrs old. I always planned to be done having kids by 33 though. I also have some health issues going on now as I get older. I have reoccurring gastritis in my stomach and compressed nerves in my back that causes pain in my arms and legs. It doesn't help that my job is demanding, fast paced, and I'm literally typing on the computer like a mad woman all day. Also, I am anemic and slightly low in vitamin d. Would you wait to TTC? Does anyone have experience with back and nerves issues and getting pregnant? I wish my health wasn't always getting in the way of everything in my life. Advice?

Re: want baby now but not sure if i should TTC. thoughts?

• Sounds like you should talk to your OB.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These are questions for your doctors and a decision only you and your husband can make.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you wait until you never have any health issues that window of opportunity might come and go. If your OB thinks it would be ok I support your deciding to start TTC :)
  • I'd talk to my OB to get medical advice
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Talk to your OB... but based on your SN... maybe get a full nights sleep first...

Life began when I saw your face

I.J.C. born 11.3.13 

• What would the advantage be in waiting?
  • Maybe...just maybe...I can get my health under control a little more. But then again, it could get worse too. My only daughter will be 3 on July 2nd so I'm getting sleep now. Lol. The sleepless nights stage has passed. Really it is my health that concerns me. I'm just afraid that if I keep waiting until I'm healthy I may never be healthy. :(
  • edited February 2015
    Positive thinking is healing. Thinking that you will never be healthy may actually lead to you never being healthy. Of course you have to talk to your doctors as everyone else said but also try lifestyle changes, eating right, excercising. Doing things that add to your over all well being because whether or not you decide to TTC your child(ren) need the healthiest mommy possible. So I would do everything in my power to get a handle on that. 
  • Speak with your GP and have your anemia and vit d deficiency addressed. They are generally easier fixes. As for the "pinched nerve" in your back causing leg and arm pain, that doesn't make sense as a pinched nerve in your back CANNOT cause arm pain (only leg and torso pain, there are no nerves in your back that travel to your arms). So you should also speak to your doctor about that to ensure you have the correct diagnosis.

Your doctor can also give you better information regarding how a pregnancy may effect your current medical conditions. This will allow you to make the best decision for you and your family.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"