Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Playdate etiquette

I met a really nice mom at the library story time and our kids are 3 months apart so it's a good fit. We've been chatting at story time and now she invited us over to her house for a playdate. I've done playdates a lot but not at people's houses, so this is a first for me. I was always brought up to never go empty handed to someone's home. Should I bring something over as a hostess gift?  I don't quite know. I was going to make cookies or something pastry like but I get a sense from her FB that she is health conscious so she may not eat pastry? It's an afternoon playdate and we'll be back home for dinner.  If invited to a playdate at someone's house do you bring something to their house?

Re: Playdate etiquette

• Options
    Are the kids old enough to eat table food? (I can't see tickers). If so bring something healthy and kid friendly to eat such as cut up fruit or veggies or cheese and crackers.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't think bringing something is necessary for an afternoon playdate, but if you are bringing toys be open to the other kid playing with what you bring and then extend an invite for her to come to your house next time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd bring some kind of healthy snack.  And I'd call her ahead to make sure there aren't any allergies that you need to take into consideration.  
  • Options

I provide snacks and drinks when I host; my friends do the same when they host.  I think it depends on the culture of your area, but to be safe, bring something.  Congrats on a play date; I hope it went well!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yes, I believe it depends of your culture, how were u used to. I was raised to never go empty hands in a new house. I mean, it makes sense to me: she is offering her house as a playing territory;)
    So yes, I would bring some fruits, healthy snacks etc.
  • Options
    I don't ever bring anything.  Usually the host has munchies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"