June 2015 Moms
Options

My worst fear (hemorrhoids) has happened. Also, my home remedy (you might need it)

Ladies, I'm so pissed. I've been taking metamucil (fiber supplement) and have not been constipated. Then, all of the sudden I felt it today. Hemorrhoids. Ugh. I've had them once before (about a year ago) so I could tell right away. I REALLY had hoped to avoid them with pregnancy, but it looks like I'm doomed. 

Anyway, I tried a bunch of home remedies last time, and this is the one that worked for me. Sorry, it's gross, but it might help you out down the road:

Cut/crush up a garlic clove. Add a tiny bit of olive oil. Crush further to spread the garlic juices into the oil. Apply directly to anus (sorry, but that's what it is!). Put a cotton ball on top to hold it on. Leave on for approx 15 minutes and then rinse off. Warning: IT WILL BURN. It's not unbearable, but it hurts. But for me it consistently shrunk the size of my hemorrhoids. I did this a few times a day until they were gone.

Anyone else want to share a tip for hemorrhoids?? Hope you ladies are having better nights than me!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: My worst fear (hemorrhoids) has happened. Also, my home remedy (you might need it)

• Options
    What do hemorrhoids feel like? I'm not sure if I ever had them. Just curious since we're on the topic.
    Baby #1 DS born August 2012
    Baby #2 DD Born January 2014
    Baby #3 ?? Due June 5 2015

• Options
    carolyngracecarolyngrace member
    edited January 2015
    What do hemorrhoids feel like? I'm not sure if I ever had them. Just curious since we're on the topic.
    Well.. For me it's kind of sore, like I had a large BM. Also slightly itchy. I remember the first time it was more itchy than anything. Tip: Don't itch it  [-(

ETA: I mean that's what it's like at the beginning. When they get worse it's just excruciating pain. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today was butt hurts when I wipe..(sorry for tmi) is this what your referring to? I can't see my anus and not asking SO to look. Not SS just haveno experience with it.
  • Options
    Today was butt hurts when I wipe..(sorry for tmi) is this what your referring to? I can't see my anus and not asking SO to look. Not SS just haveno experience with it.
    Yeah, that could be a sign, too. If you have a small mirror just lay in bed and look that way. You should be able to tell... otherwise you'll tell when the pain gets worse. Sorry, hope that's not what it is for you! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jilly159 said:

On a side note, when I think of hemorrhoid relief the first image that pops in my head is a dog dragging it's butt across the carpet

O.M.G. THIS right here!
  • Options
    This is one of my top fears of pregnancy, besides actual birth. I will bookmark.

In addition, a dr once told me that itching is actually a lower level of the pain scale.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married:  02/24/11  Our First Born:  06/09/15  Second Due: 01/17/17
  • Options
    OP.. Same thing happened to me yesterday.. During an IKEA trip... And seating in a 1.5hr car ride was almost unbearable

Girls I think if u get them u will know... I also has sensation that I haven't finished business yet, like I needed to go more (tmi) and u will strain more when u go and it will hurt

I got some hazel wipes to help... But I am gonna keep up with my fluid/fibre intake... And will also look into some natural stool softener remedy..

Thanks for the tip OP
  • Options
    Oh one more thing...I read most over the counter remedy at the store... Other than the wipes, you will need to check with ur OP before using....
  • Options
    Thanks for this! We need more posts like this! Anything you recommend for internal ones?
  • Options
    Kiki119 said:
    OP.. Same thing happened to me yesterday.. During an IKEA trip... And seating in a 1.5hr car ride was almost unbearable Girls I think if u get them u will know... I also has sensation that I haven't finished business yet, like I needed to go more (tmi) and u will strain more when u go and it will hurt I got some hazel wipes to help... But I am gonna keep up with my fluid/fibre intake... And will also look into some natural stool softener remedy.. Thanks for the tip OP
    Well that is WEIRD because, no kidding, I noticed mind after coming home from IKEA. Did IKEA give us hemorrhoids??  @-)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for this! We need more posts like this! Anything you recommend for internal ones?

I've heard you can poke holes into a whole clove of garlic and leave it up there overnight... Have never tried it, but I might. Otherwise they never really "go away", they just go back up inside. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Your post makes me cringe and laugh! I used the Tucks pads after DD was born. To me hemmorhoids feel like a bruise with a cut or scrape. Not fun :(

Interesting garlic remedy!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    PSA: avoid ikea, will get hemmerhoids.
  • Options
    My hemmerhoids never went away post DS1. I don't want to think about if/how much worse they'll get after this pregnancy/delivery is over.
    DS1 born 3.15.2011
    DS1 edd 6.21.2015
  • Options
    Bednarova said:

My hemmerhoids never went away post DS1. I don't want to think about if/how much worse they'll get after this pregnancy/delivery is over.

Ditto this. I still have them from DD. But I keep up with the fiber and hygiene, I find mine are manageable. Also, I use Preparation H regularly and it does help. My MW said it was ok.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Totally needed this post! Thanks OP! Mine are manageable too but I'm concerned about it getting worse as my pregnancy progresses/post-delivery
    FTM - EDD June 16 2015
  • Options
    Bednarova said:
    This is what I'm scared of. I don't want to have them forever! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Kiki119 said:

OP.. Same thing happened to me yesterday.. During an IKEA trip... And seating in a 1.5hr car ride was almost unbearable

Girls I think if u get them u will know... I also has sensation that I haven't finished business yet, like I needed to go more (tmi) and u will strain more when u go and it will hurt

I got some hazel wipes to help... But I am gonna keep up with my fluid/fibre intake... And will also look into some natural stool softener remedy..

Thanks for the tip OP

Well that is WEIRD because, no kidding, I noticed mind after coming home from IKEA. Did IKEA give us hemorrhoids??  @-)

Lol it must... Perhaps we can call in and claim their stores give pregnant women hemorrhoid lol
  • Options
    Well just did some reading in the booklet that the hospital given me... Apparenty the below 2 are ok by my hospital OB

Pramoxine - Anusol ointment
    hydrocortisone - prep H, Anusol HC or tucks pads
  • Options
    You know what's worse than hemorrhoids? Hemorrhoid removal surgery! I begged DH to take me back to the hospital after we got home. I wanted my iv pain killers back...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Angel baby 3/2014 at 5.5 weeks
    Angel baby 6/2014 MMC at 7.5 weeks
  • Options
    You know what's worse than hemorrhoids? Hemorrhoid removal surgery! I begged DH to take me back to the hospital after we got home. I wanted my iv pain killers back...
    :(:(:( Yup. That sounds worse. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So I have to ask... Do you end up smelling like garlic?!?
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    ksimo6 said:
    So I have to ask... Do you end up smelling like garlic?!?
    I usually soak in the bath right afterwards, so no :) But I left the cutting board out and our house smelled like it!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I've already posted this, but with my first I had an external thrombosed hemmerhoid. Google it at your own risk. I still have a skin tag from it that gets easily agitated. I would take 3 labour recoveries over 1 week with that monster again.

Also I wanted to reiterate something a Pp said, don't stick anything inside your butt. Proctofoam is great and ice packs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"