Working Moms
Options

Going back to school

Anyone else?  My three kids are 6, 4 and 1 (I think my ticker is wrong), I also work FT midnights.  I'm going back to school for my BSN in nursing.  It's 100% online.  I'm getting nervous about how it'll all work.

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been lurking a bit ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Going back to school

• Options
    I am thinking of going back to school to get my masters. I think in your situation I would make sure you had childcare for your two not in school during the day (at least a few days a week) so that you could do school related things.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm currently in a masters program and many of the ladies in my class have children around your age.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did a Master's program prekids back in 2006 and am now finishing up a second master's program that I started when my 2 and 4 year olds were 1 1/2 and non-existent. It is definitely a lot harder with kids (duh) but doable. In order for it to work you have to set aside specific hours to get things done. I work during my lunch period (I'm a teacher) after the kids go to bed and I stay late at work once a week to work without kids around. I'd never be able to do it without that dedicated time. My program is 100% online but I just can't do the reading/studying required with kids running around. Squeezing out a quick assignment or responding to a discussion board post during kid time is possible so priorize your work during your non kid work time.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"