Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleep schedule /crib

My son will be 3 months on the 21st. Currently he sleeps in pack and play and some nights in rock-n-play. When did you all transition to your LOs cribs? I'm also working on sleep schedule. I'm doing a version of the EASY method. I was wondering what your LO's day looks like
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sleep schedule /crib

• Options

We transitioned our 11w old to crib two weeks ago. And it's still rocky. I think she's up ever 1.5 hours - sometimes to feed, sometimes to break out of her swaddle. I have no advice but am interested to hear what others say. We are THISCLOSE to going back to rock n play since I start work next week....

We are pretty much on her schedule - wake for 1.5 hours, nap, eat, play, then bed again. She's great on giving cues when she's tired. Her morning and afternoon nap are usually 1.5-2 hours. Her late afternoon nap (around 4:30/5) is consisitently 30 minutes. She's ready for bed around 7:30pm. And then the fun begins....

• Options
    LO is almost 9 weeks and we transitioned her from the flat bassinet to her crib around 7 weeks. We started with naps and then one night she just fell asleep in her crib while hubby was washing his hands, so we left her there.

We start her out swaddled, but with her hands up near her mouth and the swaddle a little loose because she really likes to break her arms free, but can't fall asleep that way initially. She always ends up arms out within an hour or so of falling asleep.

She stays in the crib 7pm-ish to 7am-ish, and does two naps during the day (the times change depending on how she's doing). She eats at 7:15am, 11:15am, 3:15pm, and 7pm, give or take. If she gets really hungry in between I'll give her an ounce or two to hold her over. This is a loose version of the 12 hours in 12 weeks book (not sticking to it too tightly because I don't want LO to suffer).
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited January 2015
    LO is 3mo (almost 4) and we don't have a schedule. She usually gets sleepy shortly after her morning bottle (between 7-9am most days), around noon, and once at some point in the afternoon. She'll have some extra catnaps here and there. How long she'll nap is not really predictable. She sleeps in a RnP most of the time. Sometimes I hold her or put her in her crib/PnP.
  • Options
    LO began sleeping in his crib at 8 weeks. Naps are still unpredictable. But I attempt to never let him stay awake for more then 2 hrs. Even if it's a 15 min cat nap. But typically he naps once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once in the evening. I've found that if he doesn't get enough naps, nights are worse then if he gets lots of naps. Which kinda doesn't make sense, but he gets super cranky if he doesn't get naps! Also, I never let him nap for more then 2 hrs. Saying all this, he still doesn't sleep through the night. He sleeps 8pm to 7am and wakes up twice. So I still am not sure how to make him sleep through the night. He gets a 5 ounce bottle of breast milk before bed. Then the breast throughout the night. Maybe he needs to drink more? I have no idea!
    Married 2009.
    2012-2014 charting and temping... BFP 3/4/2014 EDD: 11/10/14
    Baby boy 2 November 2014!
  • Options
    Our LO sleeps in a variety of places, mostly our arms but RnP, crib and momaroo. I'm trying to get her used to everything. She is younger so everything is on demand and we don't have a schedule/routine for her naps, she will probably settle soon since she is about through her 6 week growth spurt.

howin23 said:
    LO is almost 9 weeks and we transitioned her from the flat bassinet to her crib around 7 weeks. We started with naps and then one night she just fell asleep in her crib while hubby was washing his hands, so we left her there.

We start her out swaddled, but with her hands up near her mouth and the swaddle a little loose because she really likes to break her arms free, but can't fall asleep that way initially. She always ends up arms out within an hour or so of falling asleep.

She stays in the crib 7pm-ish to 7am-ish, and does two naps during the day (the times change depending on how she's doing). She eats at 7:15am, 11:15am, 3:15pm, and 7pm, give or take. If she gets really hungry in between I'll give her an ounce or two to hold her over. This is a loose version of the 12 hours in 12 weeks book (not sticking to it too tightly because I don't want LO to suffer).
    Maybe this reads worse than it is, but this sounds terrible. She has to be "really" hungry before you feed her. I always wonder how adults would feel if they were treated like that...if your husband only let you eat when you were "really" hungry. It just seems absurd to me. And what is the point of these things? So you have it easier? I don't know if I'm missing the benefit to baby of withholding food based on arbitrary numbers. 
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    Our LO has been using his crib since we came home from hospital. He's 2 months now. During the day though he naps on the couch or his little bouncer chair thing we have. He usually does great at night. If he's fussy or going through a wonder week/growth spurt he sometimes sleeps in our bed so he feels mom and it's easier to feed.
  • Options
    Lo is 6 weeks now and we're just starting a night time schedule. At night we try and have her to sleep by 10pm. Usually after a larger feeding and her falling asleep in my arms then put her in her crib. She usually wakes between 1-3am for a feeding. Then around 5 or 6 I'm up for the day and she's ready to eat again. Besides trying to get her to sleep around 10 pm, I try and encourage 1-2 hour naps during the day, but not after 6 pm. She's only 6 weeks, so when she's hungry she eats, when she's tired she sleeps. I don't want to try and force anything too quick. 
  • Options
    Honestly? I wouldn't bother until after 4 months. You most likely will encounter The Wakeful Period & it can undo all your hard work in a blink.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"