Baby Names
Options

Names ending in "en"

AshbritendenAshbritenden member
edited January 2015 in Baby Names
I have 2 boys with names that end in "en,"and we want our third child to end in "en" as well, or the sound for a girl (yn, in, etc.).
Any ideas?

This is what I've come up with:
Adalyn
Madalyn
Braylen (soso on that one)
*Girls middle name will be Nichole after me*

Aiden
Colten (husband doesn't like :( )

Re: Names ending in "en"

• Options
    I have a Colten and he loves it.  He loves that his teachers refer to him as "Colten with an E" because there are 4 Coltons in his class.  LOL

I LOVE Madalyn.  I've always loved that name and think it sounds great with Nicole.

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Adalyn the most from your girls list, not a fan of the boys names (Aiden is too common/overused for me)

Boys:
    Bowen
    Callen
    Owen
    Cullen
    Carson (same sound just not en, or misspelled version Karsen)
    Ruben
    Rylen
    Rowen
    Camden
    Kaden
    Brennen
    Bensen

Girls:
    Eden
    Emmalyn
    Rosalyn
    Taryn
    Elin
    Jordyn
    Bryn
    Jocelyn
    Gracelyn
    Jaylin
    Jasmin
    Gwendolyn
    Braelyn
    Addisyn
    Ashlyn

I have to say it's totally not my thing at all but I tried to be as helpful as possible
  • Options
    Aidan is nice. I really like Madeline.

Ideas:

Evelyn
    Meghan
    Gwendolyn

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The only ones I can think of are people I actually know, lol. Eden, Adrienne, and Gretchen for girls and Damien and Jordan for boys.

....................................................................................................................................... 

Big Sister Piper

Born at 37 weeks, strong NICU survivor

Friday, November 13th, 2009, 7:17 AM

Baby Brother Link

Born sleeping at 19 weeks with Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus

Sunday, March 2nd, 2014, 7:27 PM

.......................................................................................................................................

• Options
    I love Madalyn for a girl, whatever way you choose to spell it.

My favorites from the above suggestions:

Girl

Evelyn
    Vivian
    Jordyn
    Jasmin

Boy

Donovan
    Gavin
    Kellen
    Rylen

I'd stay away from names that start with A or B because you already have one of those each. And if they are in that order you listed, I'd stay away from C too, you don't want your kids looking like the alphabet!
  • Options
    Girls names are NMS, but I will suggest Arden or PP's suggestion of Eden. 

Love PP's suggestion of Kellen for a boy.

3 kids ending in "en" in awfully matchy. No desire to branch out?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS's MN is Alden which is a correctly spelled name but it may be too close to Austen. My nephew is Kellan (you can use the Kellen spelling if you prefer) but I love that name as well. I do not care for your girl choices at all. I don't like misspelled names just to make a "theme". It me its very juvenile. I will however throw out names that end the sound you want but I cannot misspell them without aggravating my MS

Alden
    Kellen
    Adrian
    Gavin
    Rowan
    Ronan
    Brendan
    Landon

Karen
    Lauren
    Roslyn
    Jocelyn
    Madeleine (yes you can pronounce it with the "Lyn" sound)
    Carolyn
    Allison
    Catherine/Katherine
    Magdalene

• Options
    For a boy, I'd add the suggestions Holden and Camden. For a girl, cross Braylen off the list (too close to Bryden and frankly just ugly).
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

I think everyone so far as suggested some pretty good names. 

I would cross Braylen off your list. It's way too similar to Bryden. Not fair to kiddo number 3.

This exactly.
  • Options
    The matching is just a "thing" in both of our families. My cousins kids names have the same ending, husbands cousins names all start with the same letter (all Ks, even with different parents. Kinda weird). We like it :) thank you ladies for all the suggestions! And for pointing out what I was worried about with Braylen
  • Options
    Eden, Arden, Ellen for girls....
  • Options
    KoalaknucklesKoalaknuckles member
    edited January 2015
    My nephews names are Brennan and Kellen, and I'm not normally a fan of names that end in en/an/on but I love the sound of those.

I can't really think of any girls names ending with -en that I like, and even less for -yn.

Karen, maybe. I don't see many people naming their girls that much anymore, even though it used to be popular.
  • Options
    Lauren is the only -en name I can really think of that I like. My name is Karen and I have always just felt kind of meh about it.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hayden. Brayden. Aiden. Colton. Callen. Holden. Franklin. Ashlin. Edwin. Declan. Madeline. Adeline. Julian.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"