July 2013 Moms
Options

Moms of ADHD kiddos

Hi Ladies. Sorry I have been MIA. We have suspected for awhile now that DD may have ADHD and we finally took her in today to see for sure. The doctors confirmed it and so now I am just trying to figure out what all I can do without having to get her put on medicine. Any moms on here have any experience with children with ADHD?? I could really use to tips/advice here. Thanks. :)

Re: Moms of ADHD kiddos

• Options
    ah. :( so sad. why'd everyone leave
  • Options
    I just joined, have a 7 yr old who was diagnosed with adhd at age 6. I recommend reading driven to distraction and taking charge of adhd. There is a great book for kids called Cory stories. We ended up going the medication route and it was very beneficial for him. Kids yoga is also helpful for anxiety, and you can try behavior charts/external reward systems. See if you have a chadd support group in your area. Take heart, now that you know what's going on, you can help your girl find her passion and advocate for her needs :) Please feel free to pm if you have any questions....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Perhaps you should've checked in more, instead of just when you needed things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"