October 2014 Moms

I can't believe I just did that! MOTY

I don't think we've done this in awhile and I just had a big one...

I'm pretty diligent about following the bottle rules in terms of not using a bottle past one hour of baby touching it, etc.  Well, I had left the diaper bag in the car since yesterday and there was a bottle that's 24 hours old in there that I forgot about.  I put the bottle she was drinking from in there also and accidentally grabbed the old one 30 minutes later and let her finish it.  Yuck.  Already called pediatrician.  So, give 'em to me...MOTY contest?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I can't believe I just did that! MOTY

• staryb said:

On several occasions I have taken pictures of my kid crying before I comfort her, does that count? She's just so darn cute when pouts...

I have done this. Yesterday she threw a huge fit after tummy time. DD very rarely cries, so I thought it was hilarious and couldn't help but laugh (as I was comforting her).
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I knocked Sunny's head into a door frame yesterday when walking into a room.

This was going to be my FFFC, but I almost got into a car accident yesterday with her in the car because I was tired and distracted. I'm grateful for the wake up call, but it was scary.

:( oh how horrible. Glad everyone is ok!

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• sabby2sabby2 member
    edited January 2015
    The other day I had dd propped sitting up on a pillow next to me on the couch. I turned my head for 2 seconds to grab the nipple shield and boppy and heard her slide. Grabbed her just in time as she was belly down and headed head first off the couch. Crisis averted but I was terrified and angry with myself for setting her that way when I had told my DH not to do it before. DD laughed at me.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I knocked Sunny's head into a door frame yesterday when walking into a room. This was going to be my FFFC, but I almost got into a car accident yesterday with her in the car because I was tired and distracted. I'm grateful for the wake up call, but it was scary.
    Definitely scary!  Glad you're all ok!  Sleep is so much more important than you ever realize before you have babies.  

Oh, and I'm trying to be more active but never figured out until just now what FFFC was...I guess I could have saved this.  Oh well.  

• I knocked Sunny's head into a door frame yesterday when walking into a room.

This was going to be my FFFC, but I almost got into a car accident yesterday with her in the car because I was tired and distracted. I'm grateful for the wake up call, but it was scary.

Definitely scary!  Glad you're all ok!  Sleep is so much more important than you ever realize before you have babies.  

Oh, and I'm trying to be more active but never figured out until just now what FFFC was...I guess I could have saved this.  Oh well.  

This is a perfectly good thread on it's own. No need to wait for FFFC.

@crawford411‌ how scary! Glad you're both OK!! I find that I get more distracted with DD in the car because I'm always checking on her in my mirror :(

• ^^^  This.  The mirror is totally distracting.  Especially if she's crying.  
  • DD slid out of the stroller when she was a baby, she was laying on one of those minky and satin blankets and was not buckled in, well DH was driving the stroller of the curb so it was enough of an incline that she slid right out and then he almost ran her over before I stopped him. After that we made sure she was buckled in every time.

imageimage
  • I just dropped my phone on LOs head, he kept on eating, I've done it before.

imageimage
  • DS had a poopslposion and I decided to give him a quick bath. I accidentally hit the shower head while the water was running and soaked DS with pretty cool water. His face was priceless but I have never heard him scream like that and I have never felt so bad!

• KelliRR said:

DS almost rolled off the boppy yesterday while I was unhooking my bra to feed him, and I grabbed him at the last second. He's not even rolling over yet, so I didn't see it coming, but still felt like a failure.
    The other MOTY thought I had today is that I now only wash my hands after changing his diaper if it's poopy or I'm about to eat/feed him. A little pee, I've decided, never hurt anyone, right?

I guess I'm pretty gross because I've never washed my hands after changing a pee diaper. I do after poops because I'm paranoid, but pee doesn't bother me at all...I'm weird.

Samesies.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• KelliRR said:
    DS almost rolled off the boppy yesterday while I was unhooking my bra to feed him, and I grabbed him at the last second. He's not even rolling over yet, so I didn't see it coming, but still felt like a failure. The other MOTY thought I had today is that I now only wash my hands after changing his diaper if it's poopy or I'm about to eat/feed him. A little pee, I've decided, never hurt anyone, right?
    I guess I'm pretty gross because I've never washed my hands after changing a pee diaper. I do after poops because I'm paranoid, but pee doesn't bother me at all...I'm weird.
    Samesies.

Me three.
  • Or four or five...lost count.
  • Totally cut DDs toe clipping her giant nail today. She didn't even flinch and I wouldn't have noticed except it started bleeding and wouldn't stop. Had to put a little band aid on her toe
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • Sometimes I'll stall so I don't have to change the diaper. Or if she's crying, I'll suddenly have to "pee." My husband is a smart man. He has to know what's up. I also call my baby a bitch all the time, but I call everyone a bitch.
  • SPurp13 said:

Sometimes I'll stall so I don't have to change the diaper. Or if she's crying, I'll suddenly have to "pee." My husband is a smart man. He has to know what's up. I also call my baby a bitch all the time, but I call everyone a bitch.

I've called dd an asshole before.

@AdelaG10‌ I've also dropped my phone on her head.
    January Snow Fail

• What did your doc say about the old formula?  That's totally something I would do.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• M was chewing on Teether Sophie and I wasn't watching while he tried to cram her down his throat and then gagged and threw up half a meal.
  • Emma had a screaming fit the other night - it was awful! I purposely stayed late at school the next day because I was a little afraid of going home. Like sanctuary...
    I felt bad not wanting to rush home to see my child though. Mommy Guilt.

Plus I frequently don't wash hands after pee, drop phones on her, bang her against things, fall asleep while she is "talking" to me etc.
    Moty!

• What did your doc say about the old formula?  That's totally something I would do.
    Sometimes, I think the guidelines of 1 hour or whatever are bullshit just to make people buy more formula. I mean, not that I'd give a 24-hour bottle on purpose, but I think it would be ok if it happened on accident. And I've given her a bottle she started like an hour and 15 minutes later. So, maybe that confession does belong in this thread.
    The nurse said to just watch for vomiting and diarrhea and that if it was severe to call and they'd guide me through giving her pedialyte so she doesn't get dehydrated.  Fortunately, it was in the car that 24 hours and it's been in the 30's here, so it was cold the whole time.  I'm guessing there's a much larger window of safe than what the guidelines say, not that I'd go pushing it on purpose...She's fine today.  
  • @Spurp13 and @golfingdarwinfish...I really need to start reading through threads before I respond to people.  I'm awesome at repeating what other people say.  
  • edited January 2015
    SPurp13 said:
    What did your doc say about the old formula?  That's totally something I would do.
    Sometimes, I think the guidelines of 1 hour or whatever are bullshit just to make people buy more formula. I mean, not that I'd give a 24-hour bottle on purpose, but I think it would be ok if it happened on accident. And I've given her a bottle she started like an hour and 15 minutes later. So, maybe that confession does belong in this thread.
    @spurp13

I assumed it was longer, but that shit does stink it's out in a warm room for hours, which is why I always get worried.   I don't think they want people to buy more formula, I just think they want to protect their asses.

It being cold probably definitely helped!  I'm sure I'll feed old formula at some point, so I'm happy to hear that it wasn't an emergency.  And happy your LO wasn't in danger!
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• dude I do stupid things on a regular basis. I can't remember half of it. I have a lot of nieces and nephews and have smacked them around PLENTY so I very rarely actually do it to my own child. I messed up all of theirs, haha! I scratched her on accident. We don't have a tub so a lot of times I end up showering with her and she gets really slippery. I make myself nervous there... I give her bottles that she already drank out of. 
  • SPurp13 said:
    What did your doc say about the old formula?  That's totally something I would do.
    @spurp13

I assumed it was longer, but that shit does stink it's out in a warm room for hours, which is why I always get worried.   I don't think they want people to buy more formula, I just think they want to protect their asses.

I'll wager that it's a little of both.

image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"