February 2013 Moms

Sleep cycles?

Anyone have any hints on helping DS transition between sleep cycles? He wakes night and day unless he is in his swing or infant carrier. Even if we are co sleeping, unless I put him on his belly he wakes fully.
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Sleep cycles?

• Babies are supposed to sleep? Maybe that's what's wrong in this house... ;)

Is it noise coming from around? Maybe a noise machine like piney mentioned? It also helped with A to get her bed away from my other two.  We recently moved bedrooms around and now A is upstairs for her naps (now the Master/formerly C's bedroom and the playroom) and she seems to normally sleep better.

But wtf do I know, my kids haven't napped in three days.  I. Am. A. ZOMBIE.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Sadly, we have to do a wee bit of CIO if she's had a very short first sleep cycle. We go in and talk to her, then she cries for a few minutes and goes back to sleep. This is every nap for us. If we let her get up, she grumps for a whole hour. If we make her CIO a bit, she sleeps for another hour and wakes up happier. However, I will admit, our nights are still the pits. She puts herself to sleep, and I can put her down as soon as she's done nursing, but I cannot get her to stop waking EVERY 2 GODDANG HOURS!!!! I feel like I have a NB... Still.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @Rosebean You get 2 hours? Solidarity here, sister! We're in the same boat.  A has been nursing every hour to hour and a half all FREAKING night long for going on three weeks now.  Between her in my bed, and DH now being on 2nd shift fulltime (meaning he's home at 10pm now) I have about three inches of our queen bed. I am so sore and stiff!

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• RosebeanRosebean member
    edited January 2015
    I just don't get it @tamarar5‌... And she eats every time as though I never feed her all day. Each time. I nurse her every 2 hrs during the day in attempt to increase her daily caloric intake to help change this whole issue, and no dice. Now I wonder if I shrunk her stomach. Or if BM really does digest in only 2 hours. Or maybe I should get rid of the zipadee zip so she can suck her thumbs, or if I should extend her daily nursing sessions to 3 hours so she learns to stretch it out. I don't know. I'm bringing this up with her Dr. at her 6 month appointment. This is getting ridiculous. She slept better at 6-8 weeks than she has been these last 6 weeks. I thought they phased this out naturally, but I also believe she's doing this out of habit more than anything.
  • Ditto here @Rosebean! She acts like I've never fed her before ever! And even when she pops off naturally, she still starts a screaming fit if I sit her up-- like she's dying of hunger.  I know for a FACT that she slept better than this as a newborn!

On the up side, a month ago I was wondering if I would have to supplement because she was always acting so hungry and I never felt full.  Don't have to worry about that any more.  If I happen to go more than 90 minutes without nursing, milk is pouring out.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• @JRomeH‌ It's nice to see we aren't the only ones. I feel weird admitting to how often she wakes at night. 5-6 times a night! Still? It's nuts! But I was also looking at our signatures. Not only are our daughters born on the same day, but our boys are only two days apart! Craziness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"