July 2013 Moms

New to this board... BF night weaning question

Hi ladies. This my first post on any discussion board but I really need advice on night weaning. I have a very active DD who was born July 25,2013. We have been night nursing every 2 hours (at least) since birth. I have read countless books and websites and we are currently following Dr. Jay Gordan's plan. For the past 10 nights I have not been nursing between midnight and 5 am but she doesn't really sleep. Instead, she flops around (usually trying to lay on my head) every 15-30 minutes. She is upset but not crying for more than a few minutes. Do I continue or go back nursing? I am exhausted and barely functioning during the day. What worked for you? 

Re: New to this board... BF night weaning question

• Thanks for the warm welcome. Maybe this is not the place for me. Yes, I have read may posts. We do co-sleep but I can't seem to sleep while she is nursing. 
  • Thank you. I read the posts but I didn't realize that everyone was leaving. I guess I was thinking it was just a small portion. I am just looking for one place that I can meet other moms with kids the same age and not feel as alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • My boobs itch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Stina2012 said:

valstulas said:

:-?

I'm pretty sure this is a trap set by the Bump Gods to see if people are mean. But please don't.....
    I'm super mean, Bump Priestesses.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Being naive and trying to be nice, if you're on Facebook there are several extended breastfeeding groups you can request to join, which may be of help and support to you. There's also the breastfeeding forum on the bump you can check out.
  • spacedew1spacedew1 member
    edited January 2015
    Thank you Rondosa. I didn't think about trying Facebook. I follow The Milk Meg which is how I found Dr. Jay Gordan's plan. I tired this board because I was looking for info from moms with 17 month old babies and I used The Bump for automatic weekly updates while I was pregnant. I found another website that also has birth month groups so I will try that instead. Not sure what happened on this board but I wish you guys all the best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"