May 2014 Moms
Options

Sitting up while trying to nap

DS has discovered how to go from lying to sitting... Yay. Now when I put him down for a nap, I look at the monitor a minute later and he is sitting up playing or clapping his hands. It is really messing up nap time. He used to fall asleep on his own after a few minutes but now takes 30 min until he will eventually lay down and go to sleep. After he sits, I think he is afraid to lay down because he hasn't mastered laying down gently and sometimes hits his head. Any suggestions?

Re: Sitting up while trying to nap

• Options
    edited January 2015
    You can flame me but that's when we put bumpers in DD1's crib. So many head bumps! It gets better once the novelty wears off in about a week.
  • Options

You can flame me but that's when we put bumpers in DD1's crib. So many head bumps! It gets better once the novelty wears off in about a week.

No flaming here. I just ordered a bumper the other day. Pedi said he was old enough and it would help. I bought the bumper cause he was waking himself up after getting his legs caught between the rails.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, all this development is rough on naps and sleep. DD can't be put down for a nap on her back or she'll sit up and decide it's time to party. And she can't be put down on her tummy or she'll push up to hands and knees and decide it's time to stand up and party. 

For some reason, on her left side with her hands nowhere near her face is an awesome napping position. Maybe there is a position that doesn't signal to your LO that it's time to practice sitting up?
  • Options
    We got bumpers because DS was getting distracted playing with the crib rails. I can't wait until he can sit up on his own. He's already decided the MOTN is party time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We just got rail guards and we have bumpers too. My girl still sleeps in our bed at night but naps/plays in her crib during the day. The rail guards are nice and stop her from chewing on the wood, or gumming since she still has no teeth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"