Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sippy cup recs for transition from bottle

What sippy cups would you recommend? I am looking something to use as we transition from bottle in the next couple of months. Needs to be spill proof and something baby can hold by himself once he gets the hang of it. Thanks!

Re: Sippy cup recs for transition from bottle

• We actually went straight to a straw cup and skipped a sippy. If you get one, make sure it has the valve. Meaning, once the milk is at the top, it stays there. I have no clue why I can't remember a brand. Nub something?
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• get one with a straw. Most of the ones out now don't spill...read the packaging and look for features you want.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Loading the player...
  • We used the Tommee Tippee 7+ months cups that are no-spill. My daughter took about a week of me slowly introducing it to figure it out (she got it today and tipped it up for the first time and drank on her own as well!). It really hasn't spilled, also. It does not have a straw but she can suck out of those snack packs that have straw-like tops so I am not too worried about her transitioning to the straw cups later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Nuby flip n sip cup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IN8OIX6/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1421544182&sr=1&keywords=nuby+straw+cup
    It's awesome. LO has to bite down on the straw a bit to open the valve, so it doesn't spill. And he figured it out very quickly.
  • Thanks for the recommendation @jenn43 :D

I'm going to try that one myself, as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"