October 2014 Moms

Sleep Schedule

My LO has been sleeping through the night (6-7 hours) since he was about 4 weeks old. The last 2 nights he seems to have regressed and wakes up about every 4 hours to feed. I don't think this is a huge deal but is anyone else going through this? He will be 11 weeks on Friday and I'm wondering if this is just a stage or maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I'm pretty positive our routine hasn't changed.

Married: 7/9/11

TTC Since: 10/13

EDD: 10/29/14

Re: Sleep Schedule

• I am sure you are not doing anything wrong... babies are going to switch it up on you.  Then when you think you are back in a routine -  bam, it changes again.  Its just life and the reality of kids. I think we try to hard to over analyze these things. My DD did the same and then all of the sudden one night she was sleeping by 7-7:30PM and sleeping 6-7 hour stretches.  Then last night up every 4 hours or less. We have had a consistent routine since she was 2 weeks. Babies are unpredictable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image
  • Thanks! I was really surprised that he developed such a reliable schedule so early but then when he went back to 4 hours it caught me off guard. Being a FTM I'm just curious.

Married: 7/9/11

TTC Since: 10/13

EDD: 10/29/14

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the middle of the same thing. She did 5 hour chunks from 3 weeks on, and then 8 hour chunks. The last two nights, 2-3 hours max. I'm dying.

We've tried upping her feedings a little to make sure she's not hungry, but otherwise ugh..not much to do but wait it out
  • I've been going through this the past 2 weeks. DS is 4 months old and used to sleep 10 hours straight. Now I'm lucky if he goes 2. I'm just trying to roll with it.
    O14 January Signature Challenge- Snow Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No advice here! Good luck though. Sleep deprivation is the worst. Sounds like it's just a relapse. Hope he goes back to being a good little unicorn.
    January siggy contest - Snow Fail
  • Baby sleep is very unpredictable! Once you get used to a pattern it is almost guaranteed to change
    image  image
  • Everytime you think 'under control' something unpredictable comes up. This is how babies meant to be. Enjoy motherhood!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"