3rd Trimester
Options

prenatals??

I started taking prenatals the other day after 7months of being pregnant.. I take the spring valley ones... but they get me sleepy and a lil hungry do they all do this??? Ftm.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Yeah I know very late and I feel very guilty and if it wasn't for craving dirt which means my irons low /: but I started taking them at nite today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so confused...did you not know to take them? I mean, it's great you started now but I thought prenatals were standard...
  • Options
    Are you getting prenatal care? You mentioned that craving dirt made you know your iron was low, but what was found in your blood work?

Prenatal vitamins are meant as a safety net for possible holes in your diet. They are most effective if taken several months before conceiving, as you need healthy vitamin stores and folic acid already in place in those very early weeks to help prevent neural tube defects and other issues. They likely can't help much in the 3rd trimester, but it's still better late than never. If your iron is low, you are going to need an additional supplement in conjunction with your prenatal. The prenatal alone won't restore your levels in time for delivery, and you will lose a lot of blood during delivery that makes low iron a real concern. Please talk to your doctor, get blood work done, and start taking the best care you can. 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"