October 2014 Moms

Mastitis

For the love of all that is holy, do not take plugged ducts lightly. Treat them aggressively so that it doesn't progress to mastitis, because this blows. I've never felt this sick.

Re: Mastitis

• :disappointed: Sorry! Hope your feeling better soon
    January Snow Fail

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks. Been having recurring plugged ducts for a month, thought I had it under control.

Nope.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh no! Feel better soon!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh! @NavyFlyer‌, ((hugs))! Mastitis is no joke and I hope you feel better soon. Have you been to the doc to get a scrip for antibiotics?

Do you think the recurring plugged ducts could be due to ill-fitting clothing, like a bra or strap that puts pressure on your breast in that spot? Sometimes there's some external cause of the plug that you can find and solve. Also, have you discussed with your doctor taking lecithin to help prevent the plugs from recurring?
    imageimage
  • Oh man! I'm so sorry! I got it in week three. Three really awful days of feeling shitty and super high fever. Cabbage leaves for the boobies! But not too often or apparently it can affect supply. It sure feels nice and cool though. Ugh--I hope you feel better soon. Keep massaging those dirty pillows and unclog those ducts!
  • Loved it in solidarity. It was worse than the flu when I had it. Hope you feel better soon!
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • @crawford411‌ when I had it, I called my hospitals BFing hotline and it was the first time I had to say "breast" like an adult. I struggled so hard! My best friend was visiting me at the time at was cracking up. I just hate that word! .....I'm 31. Ha!
  • Emerald27 said:

Do you think the recurring plugged ducts could be due to ill-fitting clothing, like a bra or strap that puts pressure on your breast in that spot? Sometimes there's some external cause of the plug that you can find and solve. Also, have you discussed with your doctor taking lecithin to help prevent the plugs from recurring?

This! I kept having plugged ducts and ended up with mastitis early on. I think part of it was because I was SO engorged but I thought maybe it was my bras because they were feeling too tight. I bought one of those bra extenders (at Walmart for like $2) and I use it most of the time now and havent had anymore problems!

Except when I try laying on my stomach to sleep. That always makes them hurt for awhile. Feel better soon!
  • Back from the hole I was living under. I think the culprit is stretching out time between pumping, sometimes I go 5-6 hrs during the workday :0/. I'll need to be more vigilant!!!

The antibiotics are helping quite a bit. Fever is gone, Im just stuck with a very sore boobie. Thanks for the kind words!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"