September 2015 Moms

New TOU

I know there are threads about this on other boards, but I haven't seen anything definitive and am seeing a lot of mods that have been banned.  Anyone know anything about the new TOU?
"S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
TTC Since September 2014
BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!

Re: New TOU

• I'm so lost!!! What have I missed?!?!?
  • This is crazy, and without even a word as to what the new terms are and/or why this is happening.  It is really too bad.
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

TTC Since September 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • I just read through the TOU (I don't think I have before)

It said:
    No strong, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise harmful language

New?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Chad5285 said:
    Terms might be rolling out later tonight but who knows. Almost all the Parenting mods are gone. Take a stroll through the prayer thread that turned One Direction gif party and you'll see.
    That is where I noticed the bans.  Wow.  I'm speechless.  Some of those mods have been around 10 years!
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

TTC Since September 2014
  • I just read through the TOU (I don't think I have before)

It said:
    No strong, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise harmful language

New?
    I think that was there before.
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

TTC Since September 2014
  • From what I can gather, it's supposedly going to get more specific about what "attacking" vs "being snarky" is. Many folks think it's going to go the ways of TK, and are less than thrilled. Basically, all signs point to that TB is going to lose its essence.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
  • This is a hot mess.
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• I'm still confused. So.... They came out with new TOU, and then immediately banned a bunch of mods? For language? That seems pretty lame.
  • Attempts to censor free speech (especially on the internet) tend to backfire spectacularly. We all have three strikes? I'll be here until I blow through all of mine.
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP: 12/23/2014    EDD: 9/6/2015

Sept '15 January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!
  • oy with the poodles already.

I just watched that episode of Gilmore Girls this morning!
  • DorkyMamaDorkyMama member
    edited January 2015
    From Parenting:

luxannie said:
    Well, until they ban me for it, yes. 

Months ago when the BJ/BM transition was made known, the mods were invited to comment on many issues and problems that we had been talking about for ages. The main XO group leader even got involved because the mods banned together to have a voice about these changes and shifts we were seeing as well as the problems. We felt heard- hell, I even had a personal phone call with a member of the board myself. 

Then, slowly, it was made clear that our feedback was not actually being heard. That the changes at XO were actually intentional and calculated- they do want a different tone and atmosphere. They do want to cater to the app and new members more than the regs and the older ways of doing things. We looked at draft language, gave feedback, then more and more.

And this last time, it was posted as an announcement that the tool out was happening and we were asked to comment on typos and possible sensitivity problems. We commented on wording like "hazing" and other full content. Constructive criticism aimed at making things work better for our existing communities. 

Radio silence for a long time, until they came back at wrote us a letter telling us that they valued our feedback but that these items were not up for discussion, and if we felt we could not support them as is then they would be sad to see us go. Henceforth known as the "fuck off" letter. 

Many people then commented on the nature of the letter and how it was inappropriate and how badly this was going to go over. We asked for timing clarification. We called out that the letter was passive aggressive and seemed to violated the Community Rules itself. 

And a FEW but not all MODs who spoke out were suddenly banned for supposedly sharing information about the Mod Board and speaking out against XO publicly- though the evidence is weak. If it is for things said on the Mod board, then more should have been banned. And no evidence was given to support that they shared it so... They banned the naysayers that spoke loudest, and that lead this group.

And then she posted that they were banned for conflict with BM and that specific reasons will not be given. And that Bump higher ups do not like the culture of Parenting and are okay with a mass exodus. 
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12520337/hai#latest
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
  • Well this is massively disappointing. They can do what they want with their board, of course, but I can't imagine that this is going to be a good move from a monetary standpoint. It's going to turn into a wasteland of one-off posters, probably.

Sigh. I really enjoy having a group to go to where people are going through the same things I'm going to, and I'm not comfortable removing my anonymity yet or going to an alternate board. I'm pretty bummed.
    "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • I'm gone for a couple days and come back to a shit show.
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • No one will want to mod now
  • I'm so disappointed. The snark, honesty and no non-sense atmosphere was what I loved about TB, not to mention all the awesome gifs. Do they really think this will change the atmosphere? They're not the brightest bulbs in the pack, are they.
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
  • etc35173 said:

Also, does anyone else keep getting File Not Found? Its driving me crazy and I really hope its not my computer. 

Yep.
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
  • etc35173 said:

Also, does anyone else keep getting File Not Found? Its driving me crazy and I really hope its not my computer. 

Yes. It is irritating. They are clearly screweing with threads. Awesome censorship.
  • riderchik said:
    I think it is server overload. We're breaking tb.
    It happens on the mobile app, too. That's not going to result in the 5-star app reviews the-powers-that-be were hoping for...
  • WTF this sucks! I just started connecting with everyone here and now it's all falling apart. I don't want a board where you have to tiptoe around bad language like we're at Sunday school. :-(
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

• JetkuJetku member
    edited January 2015
    Chad5285 said:

Jetku said:

As someone who hopes to be here for at least the next 8 months, I welcome this change.

I look forward to an overall shift of tone on these boards.

If you are worried about an exodus of regulars that can't or won't adjust, I'm sorry, but I think it will bring in new regulars that would have previously been scared away.

@jetku

Genuinely asking because I'm confused but why would you come to a site known for snark and honesty instead of other sites that are known for a different atmosphere? It seems odd that you would stay when you don't like it, instead of finding a site better suited to your personality.

I'm generally a lurker on most forums I visit and I really enjoy the bulk of the threads and posts on here. It's the first place I found after we found out that we were pregnant and I had no idea that there was such a widespread reputation or atmosphere. I thought it was a select few individuals, but clearly I was wrong. I have no issues with snark or honesty, but I do have issues with people who are brutally honest to the point of being disrespectful.
  • Holy shit. The entire Parenting board is gone...?
  • DorkyMama said:

Holy shit. The entire Parenting board is gone...?

Ohh.. It's there alright. Keep trying.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • They deleted like everything on Parenting.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • "I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

My Chart
  • JetkuJetku member
    edited January 2015
    CFearsy said:

Jetku said:
    I'm generally a lurker on most forums I visit and I really enjoy the bulk of the threads and posts on here. It's the first place I found after we found out that we were pregnant and I had no idea that there was such a widespread reputation or atmosphere. I thought it was a select few individuals, but clearly I was wrong. I have no issues with snark or honesty, but I do have issues with people who are brutally honest to the point of being disrespectful.
    Srsly? If you don't like it, then don't come here. I don't understand what is so hard to understand!

"I respectfully disagree."

Andplusalso, I see the love tits of your follower. I'm not surprised that she's been on my post-it for a while.

I'm excited for what the future of this board holds! No reason to leave now.

So much salt in this thread.
  • Totally agreed. Totally. @Jetku‌ #EmbracingRainbowsAndGlitter lol!!
  • Oh man. I picked the wrong night to wait until now to check in!! What the what?!
  • Hey, everyone! I'm still around if you have questions. I'll try to answer as best I can, but you can also direct questions to BumpMay.

The way I read the new guidelines, snark in and of itself isn't a violation. Neither is profanity. Fuck off is off the table, though. I edited my "before you report a post" thread to reflect that.

Also, keep in mind these just went into effect last night so the reporting of old posts needs to stop. They were not subject to the new guidelines and no one will be warned for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"