Postpartum Depression

PPD

Hi all..new to board and 1st time mom with a 17 day old. I'm pretty sure I have ppd. I cry at the drop of a hat, I constantly feel my husband doesn't love me anymore and the sound of my daughters screams make me want to punch a wall. I hate to say it but I don't even feel a bond with my baby. I'm wanting things how they were!! Sleep, watching tv with no crying, the freedom to leave my house, etc. I know this makes me sound selfish and i'm praying there are others out there who feel the same and i'm not a psychopath!!!?? Will these feelings go away? I have an appt w my ob on Thursday...i'm hoping to get on something to change the way I feel....m

Re: PPD

• Your feelings are completely normal. At one time, I felt all of the things you described. I'm glad you are meeting with your OB. That was the first step I took. I have been seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist because I take meds. My DD is 1 now and I am feeling so much better.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• I think I wrote something similar when my LO was that young and my PPD was at it's worst. I felt the same way about my son and I've slowly been able to bond more and more with him.
    I think I bonded more easily with other people's children and I couldn't get that out of my mind.
    It's a rough ride, but hang in there. It does get better and you will be okay. It's hard to look at your situation and think it's going to get better, but it does.
    Remember to take it easy on yourself and not feel guilty for everything. It is a medical/hormonal condition that will get better as your hormones do. It is important that you get help(which you are doing) because it can speed up your recovery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for replying!! I keep telling myself it will get better and everyone keeps reassuring me it will. I like hearing the reassurances...makes me feel better knowing there are others going thru what I am. I am hoping you are all now healthy and happy or at least on your way to being!!! I was put on prozac by my OB today and will be calling therapists tomorrow.
    Thank you all again!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"