Cloth Diapering

Carpets

I am in the market for a shampooer, anyone have one that they love?

We had a suprising summer with both of our female dogs getting pg at the same time! :( So our carpets desperately need some cleaning!
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carpets

• I have a bissel lift off for pets. The canister is removable so you can do easy spot cleaning. It works well.

I don't mean this to be rude in any way....unless you are a breeder, have you considered spaying your pups? There are lots of free/low cost clinics if cost is an issue. I just hate seeing so many surprise puppies. This is from the mom of a rescue dog who was used as a breeding dog in a puppy mill. Not implying that you are like that at ALL but it's just really sad to see so many unwanted pups.
  • I don't know anything about carpet shampooers... but I do know that this stuff is magical. Tiny just spilled my cup of coffee all over our off-white carpet. I sprayed this stuff on, and it was completely gone in 10 seconds.

And it's sideways... because I apparently have a knack for posting sideways pics.

Dx: Vasa Previa w/DS1
    **Tinymin born 8/14 @35w1d**
    "Annnnnnd you win the award for best SN evar." -LindsRockies

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a bissel lift off for pets. The canister is removable so you can do easy spot cleaning. It works well.

I don't mean this to be rude in any way....unless you are a breeder, have you considered spaying your pups? There are lots of free/low cost clinics if cost is an issue. I just hate seeing so many surprise puppies. This is from the mom of a rescue dog who was used as a breeding dog in a puppy mill. Not implying that you are like that at ALL but it's just really sad to see so many unwanted pups.
    This.  Don't consider it a surprise pregnancy if your pups aren't spayed.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • The parents all have appointment to get fixed! We just kept putting it off for one reason or another. Trust me I do not want to do that again. And I found homes for all the puppies, none of them went to the shelter.

Thank you for the recomandations.
  • This is one of those things that I would prefer to hire an outside company to do.

But for spot cleaning, we have a Bissell Spot Bot. I think it's been discontinued, but the Bissell Little Green uses the same cleaning solutions.
  • I agree with @freezorburn‌ No home shampooer will do a good enough job (really the entire carpet and under padding needs to be replaced) so i would also hire someone to come do it. Their machines are 100 times better than anything you can buy

I've dealt with pet messes before-nothing cleans it entirely
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We ripped out the carpet in the room they were in, but I need it for the other rooms. I am sure there was some tracking though the other rooms of the house.
  • Also, a cautionary tale: Many years ago, I rented a shampooer from the supermarket, to clean up a couch that my roommates and I had bought on craigslist. All it did was vomit someone else's hairballs onto the couch.
  • Kelly11235Kelly11235 member
    edited January 2015
    We have an older Hoover SteamVac that we bought used from a family friend.
    The name is a bit misleading, as it doesn't actually use steam to clean, but it seems to do a pretty good job.  We originally got it to clean our basement carpet that our cat vomited multiple times in her last few weeks before going to kitty heaven.
    Spray cleaners worked a bit, but left stains, the steamvac was able to get the stains out.
  • I love my Hoover. I can't tell you which one it is because it is not currently in my possession. I think it's a max extract. My family sees no need to go buy one because they like mine and pass it around like a good book. When I need to clean the carpets I spend a week tracking it down and getting it back.
  • lol...I'm sure my machine would suffer the same fate if I had real life friends and not just imaginary ones.
  • I have the Bisel Spot Bot also and like it a lot (it cleaned 2 week ok dried raspberry cobbler that spilled all over my tan car seats).

For the whole house I have the Kirby with the carpet shampoo system. It is probably better for maintenance though than seriously deep cleaning.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the advise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"